Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Production Engineer Requisition
Who will you be working with?
L&M Radiator, Inc. is a global designer, manufacturer, and distributor or MESABI cooling and heat transfer solutions that are custom-made for heavy equipment in the mining, oil, gas, construction and heavy industrial industries. We are looking for a Production Engineer who is motivated and eager to develop sustainable, competitive, safe, ergonomic and environmentally correct manufacturing systems. You will work directly with all departments, other L&M facilities, vendors, and suppliers and report to the Production Engineering Manager. This position will manage projects and may assist others at the same time.
How will you make a difference?
As a member of the Production Engineering Team, you have opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge while helping us improve safety, quality, and efficiency throughout our processes, procedures, and company on a global level. We are looking for an individual well versed in modeling software with time and project management skills. Applicants should demonstrate self-motivation, creative thinking, problem solving skills, teamwork ability, strong communication skills, and must be detail oriented.
What do we want to know about you?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering, or a similar field is required.
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma
- CAD Software Experience
- 3-Year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Project Management Experience
What will your typical day look like?
- Develop sustainable and competitive manufacturing practices and systems with emphasis safety, ergonomic and environmental standards.
- Interact with production to determine production equipment needs.
- Design and development tooling to improve safety, quality, efficiency, and repeatability.
- Apply continuous improvement methods to enhance safety, reliability, quality, or labor reduction.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Investigate Capital Investment projects including process approval, capital expenditures justification, quoting, project management planning and implementation.
- Evaluate production flow and facility usage and implement solutions to improve production efficiencies.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Perform related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to complete projects.
What about the physical demands of the job?
- Wear correct PPE – earplugs, protective eye wear, steel-toed boots, and work provided uniform (gloves when necessary).
- Lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Use power tools while standing, twisting, crouching, standing on step ladder, or holding them above your head.
- Practice and maintain safe work conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Must have the skills to prepare a wide variety of engineering reports and documentation.
- Identify needs and propose solutions.
- Understand and interpret policy and procedures.
- Plan, assign, review, and evaluate production flow and facility usage.
- Knowledgeable of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Ability to communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar software.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions personal interaction skills.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
You may also be asked to perform other duties outside of your function or trade, for which adequate training will be provided if necessary.
Relocation assistance may be provided if eligibility requirements are met.
Wabtec will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and fitness for duty test.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.ID:uDnQdo