Production Engineering Supervisor (B shift)
Seaboard Foods, LLC
Manages, analyzes, initiates, and controls all phases of fresh pork production for a line which processes over 400,000 pounds of products each day in a pork processing facility. This position is a hands-on supervisor role, managing over 30 employees and coordinating line activities and tasks to complete, improve and maximize product yields and efficiencies, workflow optimization and staffing deployment. Ensures product quality and food safety standards are met as well as maintaining a safe work environment for employees. The production engineering supervisor will manage all production and engineering activities on the butt, loin, or belly lines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Responsible for throughput targets on a production line meeting the quality and yield standards for a given product.
- Applies a systematic approach and engineering principles such as lean manufacturing to ensure workflow optimization for area of responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge
- Optimizes product quality, specification and yields according to the standards established by the Company and the plant’s industrial engineer.
- Responsible for production line efficiencies. Investigates, identifies, and resolves operational constraints in the process, such as material use variances or bottlenecks and provides real-time solutions.
- Analyzes line processes and equipment to ensure high quality products are produced consistently.
- Utilize daily data to impact and maximize performance.
- Ensures the production line and industrial processing equipment is set up daily and properly functioning.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of key performance indicators and the impact on operations.
- Ensures the daily production schedules are attained.
- Complete understanding of product specifications and the methods used to meet specifications.
- Monitor work schedules to ensure manning is at the established standard to meet production and schedule attainment. Ensures accurate record of staffing and time worked.
- Supervise all employees, monitoring work performance, directing work, ensuring accurate timekeeping, and ensuring team members are trained and qualified and performing duties safely
- Adheres to all Company policies and standard operating procedures with regards to product quality, food safety and work-place safety
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN ALL ROLES: instills trust, communicates effectively, action oriented, accepts accountability, and drives results.
Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Optimizes Work Processes
Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- College degree in an engineering field or more than four (4) years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- Must successfully complete an aptitude test
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language including the ability to communicate with team members at all levels within the organization and regulatory agencies
- Experience with AS400, Kronos, ADP eTime, Carlisle systems preferred but not required
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to bringing excellence to the table, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork, ensuring the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.