Production & Inventory Control Coordinator
AB Specialty Silicones
Responsible for developing daily production schedules and coordinating inventory flow to support the company’s customer service goals. Make tactical decisions related to balancing supply and demand, aligning material volumes and availability with anticipated and planned customer demand. Compile and communicate production, inventory and material utilization reports for Management. Collaborate with all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and monitor production schedules to ensure deadlines for internal and customer requirements are met.
- Collaborate with customer service and sales for order updates requiring production plan or material purchase changes.
- Generate work orders for production and R&D trials.
- Compile information to track production batch times for management.
- Participate in efforts aimed at standardizing raw material planning process.
- Manage and monitor inventory against stocking policies to ensure proper ingredients are brought in timely for production use.
- Process all internal stock movement and transactions verifying all products are accurately tracked and posted both in and out of inventory in a timely manner.
- Create and process all paperwork required for bulk shipments. Complete transactions in ERP system.
- Receive inventory into stock for recordkeeping.
- Manage safety stock.
- Determine required material and inventory levels for reorder points based off sales and production usage.
- Update ERP system with accurate reorder points and minimum order quantity information.
- Proactively notify purchasing and/or manager of materials, quantities and delivery dates required.
- Participate on material review board (MRB) to advise for stock related decisions.
- Communicate aging and obsolete inventory to management to determine necessary action.
- Work with R&D on trials, off-specification consumption, formula updates, and new product development.
- Coordinate material staging to ensure required R&D testing is done prior to production runs.
- A related degree plus one-year experience ideal; or equivalent experience and knowledge in manufacturing, distribution, or logistics related environment required.
- Good Microsoft experience, especially in Excel. ERP experience ideal.
- Solid math and reasoning skills with ability to anticipate, analyze, and interpret data and trends.
- Confidence to interact with all organizational levels and make necessary recommendations.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication with internal and external resources.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines reliably.
- Ability to meet deadlines efficiently while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Desire to learn and take on additional projects and responsibilities cooperatively.
- APICS or ASCM Certified Production and Inventory Management ideal.