Building Material Distributors, Inc.
Old Fort, NC
Carriage House Door is looking for a Production Manager to join our successful team!
The Production Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of operations related to production, door shop, prefinish, inventory and other related items. Through effective leadership, driving production excellence, partnering with other departments and customer first thinking, the Production Manager develops, manages and implements plans and strategies to achieve the Company’s and operational units’ goals, strategic initiatives and financial objectives.
- Implement process improvements and best practices that drive out costs, increase cycle time and improve first pass yield
- Lead and direct operational functions, including door shop, inventory, prefinish and production to ensure that productivity, quality and financial objectives and customer expectations are achieved timely and efficiently
- Provide a safe work environment for employees and ensure compliance with Company, federal and state programs and regulations related to safety. Provide timely reporting and conduct accident investigations to address and correct hazards.
- Provide dynamic leadership to build, coach, develop, manage and evaluate high performance teams capable of meeting operational, performance, service and other objectives and initiatives
- Develop and utilize key performance indicators (KPIs) that address production, productivity, expenses, quality, service and safety in order to improve performance and address deficiencies. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of records, reports and numbers to establish expectations, monitor and optimize performance and ensure an efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Provide operational guidance to staff in all areas of responsibility including planning, organizing and prioritizing daily work and scheduling to meet production, quality and other operational goals
- Create and implement operational plans, policies, processes and procedures, and continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity, improve efficiencies and manage costs while maintaining quality and customer satisfaction
- Assist with preparing the annual budget for review and approval. Manage the budget and resources to achieve productivity and production volumes and meet metrics. Review financial statements and reports and utilize data to improve profitability.
- Establish and maintain processes and controls in conjunction with Accounting and others to minimize material and inventory loss and act to addresses shortages and damages or obsolete product
- Provide support to customers with delivery, service, installation and other services. Create, implement and document procedures and processes that optimize accuracy and efficiency in processing information and assistance requests, and general customer support. Provide support to and collaborate with outside sales staff.
- Develop and build effective relationships with customers, vendors and other business partners. Investigate and resolve business issues and problems in accordance with Company policies and procedures while representing the Company with integrity and professionalism. Obtain feedback and information to ascertain needs and expectations to utilize in improving performance and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and protect the Company’s facility, equipment, inventory and other assets. Ensure equipment maintenance and facility inspections are accomplished on time and documentation is current. Research and recommend purchase or leasing of equipment and supporting maintenance as needed. Participate in negotiations to acquire and maintain production and material handling equipment, vehicles and other related assets and services with terms and contracts that are favorable to the Company.
- Monitor, audit and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable local, state and federal regulations pertaining to safety, production and operations, including Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) regulations. Coordinate and conduct process, safety and regulatory training to ensure staff compliance with Company policies and procedures and federal and state regulations and to promote and provide a safe work environment.
BMD, Inc and Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. BMD, Inc makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.ID:uDnQdo