Production Operator (3rd Shift)
Land O' Lakes
Production Operator (3rd Shift)
SHIFT: 3rd Shift - 10:00PM to 6:30AM
PAY: $23.71 per hour
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Production Operator focuses on setting up, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting manufacturing production (i.e., machining, processing, assembly, or packaging) equipment including: Operating machine tool, chemical processing, assembly, or packaging equipment to manufacture products according to production specifications, schedules, volume/cost/wastage targets, and quality standards •Moving, packing, and sorting raw materials or finished goods •Monitoring the quality of output to identify, discard, or re-manufacture faulty products •Maintaining accurate daily production records as input to manufacturing performance analysis and examines production materials for processing. Operates all equipment and processes. Monitors machine parameters and troubleshoots processing problems.
- Basic computer skills
- Age: 18 years or older
- Comprehension: Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Safety: Ensuring the complete physical safety of oneself and one’s co-workers at all times without exception
- Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision
- Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
About Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Join us and be part of a Fortune 250, farmer- and member-owned cooperative that is reimagining the business of food. We have been named a Top Workplace by Indeed and LinkedIn, and to the TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
We provide a broad portfolio of benefits to keep you and your family at your best. Land O'Lakes is Where Your Future Takes Root.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.ID:uDnQdo