Land O' Lakes
Black River Falls, WI
Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, most offer:
• Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and long-term disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan and profit-sharing plan, both with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental leaves
SHIFT: 3:15pm - 11:45pm, Monday - Friday (OT may be required)
PAY: $22.78 during training; $23.78 following training
Plus $1 shift differential
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Production Operator focuses on setting up, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting manufacturing production (i.e., machining, processing, assembly, or packaging) equipment including: Operating machine tool, chemical processing, assembly, or packaging equipment to manufacture products according to production specifications, schedules, volume/cost/wastage targets, and quality standards •Moving, packing, and sorting raw materials or finished goods •Monitoring the quality of output to identify, discard, or re-manufacture faulty products •Maintaining accurate daily production records as input to manufacturing performance analysis and examines production materials for processing. Operates all equipment and processes. Monitors machine parameters and troubleshoots processing problems. Train to a complete understanding of the Agglomeration and mixing process for animal milk replacer.
- Basic computer skills
- Age: 18 years or older
- Comprehension: Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Safety: Ensuring the complete physical safety of oneself and one’s co-workers at all times without exception
- Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision
- Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.