This will involve set up, adjusting, maintaining, and configuring processing equipment according to assigned specifications, and regular communication with production personnel and supervisors and the completion of required paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Turns on equipment at the beginning of shift and shuts down equipment at the end.
- Must do visual inspections and complete documentation during the run to insure defect free work.
- Load materials in machine and monitor the flow of materials through machine.
- Performs minor package change-overs on equipment as required, as well as change-over to proper raw material.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment with regards to cleaning and clearing them of debris and materials.
- Assist line mechanics in machinery repair or other tasks as/if needed.
- Must insure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run. Air is on, all conveyors are on.
- Must do visual inspection of boxes to insure proper box/tray is used and the graphics on the box/tray are acceptable.
- Must insure proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes/trays, cases and if applicable the graphics are acceptable.
- Must insure closures and lids are properly applied.
- Verify flavor and size according to schedule.
- Report any major defects to the Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Monitor the machine while running. Check to see that all bottles, cans are packed into the box correctly.
- Fill glue pot's as necessary.
- Clear your machine of all products at end of each run and at the end of your shift.
- Must follow the work rules at all times. GMP compliance MUST be adhered to at all times.
- Is responsible to report any quality issue to the Supervisor, QA Technician and/or Manager.
- Assist in relieving other operators for lunch breaks.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. May be required to push or pull with a dolly or pallet jack up to 500 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School/General Education Diploma required.
- Prior bottling / canning experience a plus.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Pass a background, physical and drug test.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.