Production Operators – All Shifts
Vermont Hard Cider Co., LLC
At Vermont Cider Company, we have good people, doing good things, in a good way. Family, community, and hardworking values are weaved into all that we do. We are passionate about what we do…it’s more than a job, it’s a lifestyle! Come join us and see what we are all about.
Vermont Cider Company is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & accidental insurance, 401k with employer match, paid time off, paid parental leave, annual bonus plan and more!
We openings on all shifts for Production Operators at our state-of-the-art facility in Middlebury, VT. The Production Operator is responsible for the production of the company's products within prescribed specifications and efficient machine operation. Daily responsibilities include setting up and operating production machines each day according to established procedures, minimizing waste, inspecting equipment and product, maintaining an adequate supply of operating materials for production, maintaining tools and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- 1st Shift Schedule - Monday - Thursday, 6:00am to 4:30pm
- 2nd Shift Schedule - Monday - Thursday, 4:00pm to 2:30am - Shift differential applies
- 3rd Shift Schedule - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:00am to 6:00pm - Paid for 40 hours! Shift differential applies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate production machines to make boxes and package Cider in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
- Manipulate controls in an efficient manner to minimize waste.
- Inspect produced Cider for faultiness and report flaws immediately to supervisor.
- Set up production machines each day according to established procedures.
- Detect and report machine malfunctions promptly to supervisor.
- Maintain an adequate supply of operating materials and obtain additional materials according to procedures.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Document production activity each day as assigned, and assist with daily Raw Material counts.
- Package and transport produced Cider as needed.
- Notify management concerning the need for major repairs when needed.
- Comply with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety and GMP regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or equivalent, strong communication skills, reading skills, technical skills, a mechanical aptitude and the ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis. Forklift experience and experience in a manufacturing environment are a plus.
About Vermont Cider Company
Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders for a variety of consumers. There’s ultra-craft Vermont Cider Co., iconic Woodchuck, fruit-forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners Irish Cider and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Vermont Cider Company reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991, with the launch of Woodchuck, and stays focused on the category today through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. For more information about Vermont Cider Company, please visit: www.vtciderco.com.