Production Packer-Day Shift 7am-7pm
Hometown Food Co.
North Little Rock, AR
The Production Packer is responsible for the efficient, safe and sanitary inspection and packaging of the assigned products. Job functions vary by the station assigned at the given time. A packer rotates to various positions on the product line that involve different duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides inspection services to assure products meet quality standards prior to entering the over wrap equipment.
- Provides final count inspection prior to placing proper quantity of over wrapped product into bags or boxes as appropriate.
- Places bagged product into automated machinery for placement of lock on bag.
- Places product on conveyor assuring proper placement of trace / recall lot number.
- Erects master cases and places proper quantity of bags or boxes into master case prior to loading cases into the taper machine.
- Provide final inspection of master case for proper taping and code placement.
- Stacks product on pallets following set pattern for slip sheets, tie sheets and stack formation.
- Pulls pallet of product to assigned shipping area.
- Loads cartons into carton magazine as needed.
- Maintains all work areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Removes trash and waste products from the work areas as needed.
- Stack product and bulk pack product assuring proper count and weight of finished product cases.
- Relieves other packaging employees for breaks as needed.
- Reworks / inspects product as needed and directed by line leaders and supervisors.
- Repackages products as directed.
- Count, follow instructions, and have manual dexterity to handle products rapidly.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment due to frozen food manufacturing.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 20 pounds on a regular basis, and occasionally more pounds.
- Ability to stand, twist, reach, and bend on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that involves repetitive motions.
Work Environment: Typical food manufacturing environment with regular exposure to heat and cold.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Slip resistant footwear
- Apron or smock or uniform
- Company supplied gloves
- Hairnet/beard net
- Ear, eye, and head protection gear