Production Project Engineer
What does a Project Engineer do at Swire Coca-Cola?
As a Project Engineer you will direct and manage all CAPEX projects and vendors/contractors on premises to include safety and project execution. You will manage all projects from scope, bids/quotes, schedule adherence, project execution through completion, and total project budget. You will keep accurate records of as-built drawings, plant blueprints / PID’s, and required permitting. While also working with plant maintenance and production teams on improving plant equipment capability and overall operational efficiency. Taking ownership of root cause analysis based on key priorities in the plant.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient performance of all engineering related functions.
- Supervises contractors on project execution throughout project
- Responsible for project costs and managing project timelines, assumes responsibility for safe and clean project execution
- Implement project schedule that considers the production needs
- Resolves issues promptly and effectively
- Plans and coordinates equipment installs
- Manages annual plant CAPEX budget and each project budget as allocated.
- Improvement of plant equipment capabilities
- Engages in daily routines to understand top priorities of the plant
- Works closely with Maintenance and Production teams to improve equipment performance
- Utilize relationships with vendors / OEMs to improve equipment reliability
- Participation in plant continuous improvement initiatives.
- Attends daily operations review to interact with team and support top priorities
- Use of Root Cause Analysis to eliminate downtime and waste in plant operations
- Coach of frontline team on daily routines
- Ensures that company safety standards are maintained and met
- Ensures that work area is clean, safe, and in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Proper use of contractor sign in, hot work permits, working at heights, etc.
- Responsible for supporting plant and company key performance indicators, ensuring budgets and operational objectives are met.
- Orders all capital equipment and ownership of the assets and registry. Research and design of future equipment needs.
- Ensures equipment reliability effectiveness. Ownership of OEM commissioning and punch list activity
- Build relationships and working with external vendors, city officials (permitting), design groups
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience or a minimum of 8 years relevant experience without a Bachelor’s degree. Must have High School Diploma / GED.
- Strong understanding of engineering specifications, including electrical, plumbing, water handling, mechanical, automation, and others.
- Technical knowledge of all city / state requirements
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards in a beverage environment.
- Knowledge in SAP module for purchase orders.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and food safety requirements.
- Follow KO KORE requirements for plant design / equipment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple vendors / projects
- Ability to work independently and with groups
- Minimal travel, shift/holiday/weekends depending on project needs.