Shasta Beverages is seeking a Production Scheduler who will oversee all aspects of production scheduling, procurement, and inventory management to ensure the timely, cost effective replenishment of finished goods in accordance with customer needs and planned inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines production priorities by studying master production schedules (6 weeks out) and customer requirements.
- Produces weekly production schedule.
- Organizes production schedule by studying work-order specifications, current schedules, and availability of equipment, materials and employees.
- Publishes production schedule by identifying products, equipment, sequence, completion dates, etc.
- Monitors production by collecting production logs; comparing progress to schedule.
- Resolves scheduling problems by collecting and analyzing information; coordinating solutions.
- Prepares reports by compiling and summarizing production/downtime data.
- Works closely with outside vendors, corporate personnel and sales force.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring that monthly and year-end inventory are taken, properly managed, reconciled, and input into database.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures fair, equitable and respectful treatment of all employees.
- Assists management with Material Complaint reports
- Ordering required raw materials, packaging materials, pallets, concentrates, supplies, etc. needed to produce scheduled product.
- Prepares and tracks the Inventory Disposition Reports
- Performs journal and posting of inventory adjustments, stock transfers, inbound/outbound items, and production counts.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in production scheduling.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full-Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- Fluent in oral and written communication in English.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Exceptional Attention to Detail
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Pass a physical and drug exam.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
Shasta Beverages, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, genetics, gender identity, disabled veterans or sexual orientation.