Production Shift Manager (2nd shift – 3:00pm – 11:30pm)
Rosina Food Products, Inc.
West Seneca, NY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of production and daily sanitation for assigned area(s) of responsibility. This includes but not limited to setting production schedules, coordinating raw materials (and packaging), recipes, equipment operations, daily sanitation, machine cycling and settings. In addition will be responsible for setting appropriate production rates and responsible to ensuring that all Company and regulatory standards are being met.
- Responsible for setting each shift up for success: daily shift hand-offs are conducted and include all pertinent information, ensure each area is cleaned and stocked for the next shift, confirming appropriate records are reviewed and approved, any information from support teams is communicated effectively.
- Continually inspects products and evaluates production processes to verify and ensure compliance to Company specifications. Makes appropriate adjustments to maintain quality & production standards and specifications. Monitors, observes, and makes cost saving, waste and scrap reduction recommendations.
- Coordinates with QA to ensure internal audits related to the production area are completed according to the program deadlines.
- Coordinates activity with other departments and staff such as but not limited to, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality and Safety to be sure that production needs and requirements are met. Works actively to create and maintain a team attitude among all departments in the assigned area(s).
- Will interview and evaluate candidates for hire to determine suitability for the work required. Will also evaluate internal candidates who are interested in transfer opportunities.
- Works with first-line supervision to appropriately direct Associates to complete assignments in an orderly fashion. Ensures that Associates are assigned tasks and responsibilities appropriate to their classification.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate working environment, which ensures that all Associates are treated with respect and consideration. Works pro-actively to maintain a positive work environment with the area of responsibility. Will also focus on communication with and among our Associates as a key priority.
- Responsible for administering discipline in situations where a violation of Company rules and policies occurs. Will consult with Human Resources to ensure that any necessary discipline is appropriate and consistent with past practice.
- Continually will monitor work area for safety concerns and immediately responds to unsafe conditions or work practices. Pro-actively promotes safety and encourages Associates to do the same.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Safety team to ensure associates are regularly educated on information needed to maintain a safe working environment and culture.
- Provides an environment where Associates are challenged and are given an opportunity to increase skills. Will provide continual training and development opportunities for Associates.
- Coordinates any maintenance activities necessary to address needs with the area of responsibilities, as well as submit work orders and follow up on repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all regulatory requirements. Will immediately bring any quality concerns to the attention of the responsible individual.
- Responsible for the understanding and proficient use of various production applications such as ShopLogix and Safety Chain and to be able to train other necessary associates and to apply the generated information to improve production processes.
- Will be required to report on activities as required. These relate to productivity, manpower utilization, yields, quality and efficiency, etc.
- Will be responsible for various timekeeping responsibilities including establishing schedules on the timekeeping system, approval of working hours, (including overtime), approving requested time-off, etc.
- To identify and react to training and development (coaching) needs. Will coordinate these activities with Senior Operations Management and the training department.
- Responsible to organize and manage meetings to address operational issues or to coordinate communications between the department and / or Associates.
- Communicate to Sanitation Supervision and coordinate activities during the cleaning cycle of the facility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma and further education. Applicable experience and Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of management experience preferably in a consumer foods products company. Must have experience with coaching staff development, strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to plan and delegate instructions to the team.
- Needs to have good knowledge of employment laws and regulations. Needs to have safety experience including general knowledge of OSHA. Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate for the position. Individual needs to have advanced computer skills.
- Possess background in HACCP, GMP’s, safety, quality, and production principals. Must have an understanding of rules, regulations and best practices needed to collaborate with USDA, FDA, Organic and NYS regulations, including an understanding of food labeling laws.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to respond effectively to inquires or complaints. Needs to be able to conduct productive meetings and make effective presentations to hourly Associates.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ID:uDnQdo