Production Shift Supervisor – McIntosh, AL
Olin Corp., Winchester Div.
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking a Shift Supervisor. This position will be located at the McIntosh, AL manufacturing site. In your role as a shift supervisor, you will supervise and support all production operations at the McIntosh Plant. Shift Supervisors are responsible as first-line supervisors for all phases of operations and development, work assignments, scheduling activities and coordination with other areas for the production of products. They provide leadership, coaching and development for operators during each shift and ensure they are properly trained for the designated job responsibilities.
Olin recognizes that success comes from never being satisfied. We deliver on our commitment to excellence by lifting a diverse and innovative workforce who will define Olin’s future. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our winning team.
Shift Supervisor Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises production activities to ensure manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements, including product integrity and production order documentation
- Manages and motivates indirect reports; reviews, assesses and provides direct and immediate performance feedback as needed
- Assists operators in problem solving and exercises considerable judgement
- Ensures compliance with operating procedures, safety rules and regulations to minimize industrial injuries and meet regulatory requirements
- Coordinates startup/shutdown of plant facilities in areas of responsibility including planning, execution, follow-up and coordination with other areas by arranging for maintenance of machines, equipment, and facilities.
- Investigates all applicable ORC incidents, employee safety concerns, customer complaints and raw material/final product quality issues
- Develops and implements ORC and quality incident corrective actions and ensures a safe working environment for personnel by reviewing and auditing work permits for accuracy and follows-up to correct deficiencies
Shift Supervisor Minimum Requirements:
- Must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years full time relevant manufacturing work experience; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree* in Engineering or other Technical field and 2+ years full time work experience
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as well as being available for on-call and travel as required
- Supervisory in manufacturing and union environment experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills required and must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, presentations skills, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); SAP knowledge preferred
- Knowledgeable of federal, state and local environmental and work place standards as they apply to operating areas, including OSHA, EPA, USCG and DOT
- Prior Olin experience in a relevant position preferred
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
What's in it for you?
While many of our employees have worked at Olin for their entire career, we constantly strive to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals.
Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
- Paid parental leave and additional leave programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
- 401(k) with an employer match and Olin retirement contribution account
- Accelerated vacation accrual
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs, including Volunteer time
- Short term incentive program participation
- Robust rewards and recognition programs
- Pay for Performance Methodology to reward exceptional performance
- Alternate work schedules and arrangements (location/role specific)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Diverse Employee Networks
Who we are
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become the industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.ID:uDnQdo