Production Supervisor – Assembly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Production Supervisor - Assembly provides front line leadership and improvement ownership to assigned production areas of the facility. In addition, the Supervisor mentors and supports Team Leads and Operators in all aspects of operations including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Continuous Improvement while owning the bottom line results. Act as the business owner and manager for each assigned area across all shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adjust teams according to scheduled requirements and training needs, and establish staffing models for desired production levels. Make decisions regarding team member allocation in the most cost effective manner possible.
- Teach, lead, and inspire Team Leads and their teams to take complete ownership of their areas in all aspects of production and promote a culture of cooperation and total team unity across the entire business.
- Help the Team Leads develop and put in place a plan to achieve a cross functional team. Develop and own team based training matrices, oversee training of new Team Leaders and operators and ensure training records of team members are current and correct.
- Work as a team member with Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance, and Maintenance, to improve performance and drive root cause solutions for all issues.
- Oversee all personnel actions – hiring, disciplinary measures, promotions, wage increases, transfers and timely performance appraisals.
- Lead regular performance reviews with the Team Leads and Operators.
- Manage all time off requests for assigned lines; assure production needs are met while honoring approved time off requests.
- Manage time and attendance punches ensuring all labor is accurately recorded, reported and complete all time and attendance corrections required by payroll in a timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Support and complete line change overs and tooling set-ups as required
- Manage the operation of the team and flow down responsibility to manage the day to day aspects of production to the team leads, including the scheduling of production in line with customer requirements.
- Impart ownership and oversee that Team Leads and their Teams see that quality requirements are being followed including procedural compliance and defect reporting.
- Attend various daily/monthly meetings (Leader Standard Work Leadership Daily Team Meeting, Daily Production Meeting, Labor performance analysis, 1 on 1 reviews with all staff).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills associated with Lean or Six Sigma training and ability to train others.
- Devise a plan for each team to maintain and report out SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost) metrics for each team on a daily basis.
- Identify, understand, and improve manufacturing variances.
- Drive the team leads and their teams to take ownership of and be responsible for their Teams’ improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost as well as drive results by having each team take the lead on events and all efforts in the areas of Lean, 5S, TPM, SMED (setup reductions), and any other improvement tools.
- Drive process improvements to attain annual improvement goals set forth for each supervisor using all applicable improvement tools and methodologies – to reduce labor costs, quality defects and Direct costs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Production Standard work, (one-piece flow, Standard WIP), 5S, Idea System.
- Ensure each Team member understands and meets facility related goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, the Viant Values and their own Team objectives.
- Promote and enforce strict adherence to and implementation of company safety and work rules.
- Other duties as required.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Clean room assembly environment. Work stations will be made available for desk and computer use if located in the CME.
- BA/BS in either Engineering or Business related fields desired and/or 5+ years equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated medical device product and assembly experience and knowledge; minimum of 5-10 years in a supervisory or lead role capacity.
- Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills; strong ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-based environment. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to deliver required business results.
- Demonstrated computer skills in working with Oracle, IQMS, and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel and Word).
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to, or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer market competitive compensation. Potential salary range for this role is $80,000-$95,000. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.