Fresh From Texas, LLC
About Fresh Texas
As the largest fresh-cut processor in South Texas, Fresh Texas has been delivering the highest quality products to our customers for over forty years. We source only the highest quality ingredients to deliver great tasting, healthy products to our customers. With exciting innovation, we keep growing! You too can grow at Fresh Texas with career advancement opportunities across two locations in South Texas.
This position manages all day-to-day tasks for production under the guidance of the Production Manager. Ensuring the safety and productivity of all production employees and successfully achieving long term and short-term goals of the department.
- Executes the daily production assignments from Production Manager, meeting all production goals correctly and efficiently.
- Manages the division of responsibilities among employees on each shift. Leads daily manpower planning including delegation and assignment of tasks.
- Helps ensure that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards and specifications.
- Reviews production documents and records to ensure that they are correctly filled out, on time and accurately
- Reports and records equipment downtime and communicates to affected departments effectively
- Partners closely with the Packaging Room Supervisor to ensure that product flows smoothly through production process
- Ensures that General Labor employees follow all rules, regulations, and safety requirements under HACCP, SSOPs, and GMPS.
- Oversees Food Safety paperwork including HACCP, SSOP, and others on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Partners with Quality Control Manager and Production Manager to update and improve production SSOPs, GMPS, and HACCP as needed.
- Assists with identifying areas of improvement with regards to safety, production capabilities and equipment downtime
- Coordinates employees work hours and settles scheduling conflicts
- Mentors and guides employees to ensure that their skills are adequate to fulfill their job requirements
- Reviews the performance of production leads and employees and follows company procedure for those employees whose performance is found to be lacking
- Reviews production processes and ensures that employees do not deviate from required standards or practices as set forth by company policy and procedure
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Oversees training of new employees and ensures training is recorded and consistent with company policy
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Food Science, manufacturing or related discipline
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Minimum of 2 years previous supervisor experience in food industry
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous coaching and mentoring experience
- Minimum of 5 years in food industry experience
- Computer literate
- Ability to proficiently speak, read and write English
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time in cold wet environment; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Fresh Texas is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service or protected veteran, or other non-merit factors.