Production Supervisor I (3rd Shift)
Direct and coordinate the manufacturing operations department or shift to meet company standards as to SAFETY, quality, quantity, cost, schedules and profitability. Serves as the primary conduit for fostering a safe work environment consistent with company philosophy and objectives.
THIS IS 3rd SHIFT - 11PM TO 7AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of forming employees; ensures their ability to SAFELY operate equipment to produce product; Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary. Develops & mentors shift LEAD to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned crew.
- Be alert to existing and potential production problems and take necessary corrective action.
- Maintain shift reports/records; ensure that necessary operating supplies/materials are on hand.
- Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the manufacturing mission in a SAFE, effective and efficient manner. Interview and recommend applicants for hire as forming employees.
- Collaboration with other employees at all levels to develop and install methods, improvements and cost saving ideas.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Ensures that established company Safety Philosophy, policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees’ safety, and housekeeping of the entire operations area and meeting productions quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Off-shift Production Supervisors will coordinate the activities of support department personnel assigned to the same shift.
- Responsible for the review and approval of Kronos clocking for assigned associates in Operations.
- Participates and supports monthly Safety Committee Meeting as well as weekly and monthly workplace inspections.
- Responsible for budgets and business planning for department and responsible for establishing and meeting department goals and objectives. (KPI’s) Key Performance Indicators.
Directly supervises up to 60 employees in the Production and/or Quality Control and/or Material Handlers and/or Maintenance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Safety Philosophy, policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, select, train and instruct personnel. Good interpersonal, organizational communication and mechanical skills. Computer skills required for multiple graphs, reports and charts. Manufacturing experience preferred. College degree in a related field; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.