Job Family:Operations Leadership
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have a passion for leadership, consider applying for our Production Supervisor position.
This position is designed to attract the very best talent and provide selected candidates with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for a successful career in Plant Operations. Production Supervisors must thrive in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment. This position will focus on: leading a team of partners, coaching and motivating them on meeting production goals and making sure all operating policies and procedures are followed.
The Production Supervisor is vital in leading the efforts of our production teams. Duties include planning, organizing, training, coaching, compliance with various customers, company, government requirements and guidelines. Our Production Supervisor will build a depth of knowledge and expertise within one plant and become a manufacturing subject matter expert for that facility.
What you’ll do:
The Production Supervisor position has three main areas of focus: Leadership, Plant Operations, and Regulatory/Customer compliance.
- Train, coach, evaluate and reinforce Process Excellence principles with partners
- Work with the team to make sure that daily production is organized to maximize efficiencies, making necessary adjustments as conditions change
- Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, etc.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups
- Must encourage teamwork and compliance with plant policies and procedures
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines
- Must follow safety guidelines, wear designated Personal Protective Equipment, and meet OSHA safety requirements
- Ensure partner accountability and provide daily communication of essential information
- Lead team efforts in meeting or exceeding goals in productivity, raw material usage and safety
- Through the use of problem solving methods, CAT’s, and other quality tools identify and make process improvements
- Work with leadership and team in identifying potential capital improvements assisting with analysis and justification
- Plan production operations, establish priorities and monitor progress to meet customer needs
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, mechanical/maintenance opportunities to maximize efficiencies at the lowest cost
- Monitor training activities and ensure proper training paperwork is completed
- Assist with staffing to ensure decisions relating to the production schedule meet customer requirements
- Work with leadership in identifying and communicating customer requirements
- Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Make decisions related to HACCP, product quality, HOLD & RELEASE, etc.
- Assist with weekly team meetings
- Assist with regulatory, customer, and internal audits
- Perform all process related to: CPs, CCPs, QPs, and CQPs checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations
What you need to succeed:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. or Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Dairy Science, Agriculture, Food Science, Animal Science, Supply Chain & Operations Management, Business Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, Quality, Biology or related field
- 5+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to make good business decisions quickly
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Deductive logic
- Hard working
- Ability to form solid working relationships
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds and be adaptive to different communication styles and personalities
- Enthusiasm and passion for the work they perform
- Process improvement mindset
- Goal oriented
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Gain and maintain an understanding of all equipment and computer systems
Eligible partners will receive:
- Get not one, but TWO retirement benefits. When you join our employee-owned company, you’ll be part of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) from day one. That means in addition to an 8% 401(k) match into the ESOP, Schreiber will contribute an extra amount – about 10% of your earnings – toward your retirement every year. That’s a company contribution of around 18% in retirement savings annually!
- Earn bonus pay. You’ll have an opportunity to earn incentive pay twice a year when we meet our company goals.
- Earn $ for focusing on your health. Get up to $1,200 for your health savings account each year, plus get reimbursed for fitness membership, equipment or classes.
- Pursue development that’s relevant to your role, career goals and the company. Plus, we offer tuition reimbursement if you want to further your education to grow in your role at Schreiber.
- Get access to medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits starting day one. This includes an onsite nurse and mental health counselor.
- Give back to the community through your volunteer hours. For every hour you volunteer, you can earn $10 for the nonprofit of your choice. Schreiber also matches your charitable contributions up to $250 every year.
- Experience caring like you’ve never experienced it before. We have a program that’s completely organized by and for other partners who need extra help. It’s called Partners Helping Partners. We have hundreds of examples of partners organizing fundraisers to help out others going through a hard time.
Sound like a company you’d like to be a part of? Click Apply.
Need extra assistance with the application process? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-437-7601.
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the Job Alerts button in the upper-right corner to create a job alert.