Techniplas is a global supplier of sophisticated plastic components and design-focused, multifunctional surfaces that are primarily for the automotive sector, as well as the industrial, consumer goods, medical and other markets. The company’s products follow industry trends like weight reduction and vehicle electrification, innovative operating concepts, high-quality surface finishes, and an increasing focus on convenience and safety.
The Techniplas Group runs 30 sites worldwide with production, sales and / or technology hubs and employs just under 4,000 members of staff. The company serves customers and platforms around the world, focusing on technological expertise and collaboration with customers in the fields of design and engineering. Techniplas has long-term relationships with many of the world’s leading automotive and industrial OEMs.
Under general supervision, trains and supervises hourly employees in the performance of their assigned tasks, which vary in nature and may require skills, to meet established criteria in production, quality, and safety while maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Oversees plant production within designated area by training, evaluating, and supervising employees who perform standardized activities and some who are required to be semi-skilled to skilled in nature to meet customer standards.
- Assists in and may perform troubleshooting process, equipment, tooling, and material issues related to production, maintenance or engineering and reports findings. May also maintain robot programming software.
- Basic start up and shut down of injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensures compliance with company quality assurance policies and established standards, such as ISO/TS 16949, etc., by assisting in developing and maintaining of work instructions and standard operating procedures to ensure quality products and timely delivery.
- Conducts periodic safety reviews and meetings for assigned employees to promote efficient compliance with company safety policies.
- Oversees accurate shop floor reporting process to sustain positive inventory control on the manufacturing floor by reviewing timekeeping and production reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Develops specific short-term procedures within the department where a good working knowledge of practices and procedures is required to facilitate continuous production.
- Check production schedules to ensure that the necessary product is available for processing and optimum efficiency may be obtained including reporting problems and monitoring corrective action.
- Monitors statistical process control data, quality concerns and other production related data, and ensures it is charted using existing quality control instructions and procedures to maintain or increase production efficiency.
- Reviews new setup and operation plans to ensure practicality and appropriate manpower to meet projected production schedules based on readily available data with some unknowns.
- As needed, informs supervisor of general operations, workflow, and possible constraints with respect to meeting the production schedule to maintain open communication channels and facilitate proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Facilitates the implementation of continuous improvement principles and procedures, such as Kaizen, by assuming a leadership role in the continuous improvement initiative, evaluating cost-effective methods and procedures, and promoting a team approach to the improvement of production flow or processing.
- Maintains a motivated and disciplined workforce by informing employees of company policies, procedures, and operational changes that are moderately difficult where precedents are usually established and utilizing behavior modification techniques as well as providing counseling.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree or similar program requiring 2 years to complete.
- 3 to 5 years working in a plastic injection molding facility
- Basic Processing Skills
- General knowledge of Plastics.
- Additional education may be substituted for experience and vice versa.
- Assignments require a good working knowledge of manufacturing procedures, operating methods, and management practice as well as knowledge of quality and continuous improvements initiatives