Production Supervisor- Night Shift
Anderson Dahlen, Inc.
For 75 years, Anderson Dahlen has provided world-class metal fabrication and equipment integration services to leading companies in a wide variety of industries:
- Food Processing
- Vacuum (Applied Vacuum Division)
Contract manufacturing for OEMs, engineering support and design-build capability for custom projects. From components to fully integrated equipment, our uniquely effective Project Management process helps us continuously shape bright ideas into brilliant results. ISO 9001:2015 certified; ASME, AWS and PED compliant.
Anderson Dahlen is proud to have become part of the Gray family of companies in September 2020. Gray Inc. is a family-owned, fully integrated service provider specializing in engineering, design, construction, and smart manufacturing. This acquisition provides Gray new capabilities for stainless-steel manufacturing of key critical equipment for the Food and Beverage industry. It also expands Anderson Dahlen’s resources to serve customers in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, and Vacuum Technology markets.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The Second Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting the First Shift Department Supervisors with employee and project supervision to ensure we consistently meet our customer specifications and quality expectations while delivering our projects on time. The work areas of responsibility include machining, laser cutting, water jet cutting, sawing and metal finishing. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Promotes and demonstrates safety culture aligned with company expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and delivery.
- Coordinates the best utilization of our resources, both human and other.
- Establishes goals and objectives for all positions directly reporting to the Shift Supervisor.
- Monitor the efficiencies of the department and make any necessary adjustments to maximize machine utilization.
- Continually works to improve the company’s efficient use of material, capital, and human resources.
- Communicate with first shift departments to deal with various issues such as delivery, scheduling, production problems, etc.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Aids in problem-solving, clarification of process performance requirements, and ensures assigned personnel are adequately prepared for timely and successful completion of projects.
- Functions as a technical resource for responsible departments and as such is consistently able to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical personnel and non-technical personnel in an appropriate and understandable manner.
- Develops, maintains, and portrays a high degree of professionalism and technical competence within the organization, encouraging excellence through example.
- Keeps the Manufacturing Manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
- Coordinates/communicates quality plans, training, and activities as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and “team” approach.
- Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures as applicable.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units of team members to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with at least 5 years of related training in manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and expertise in:
- Machine Center Capabilities
- Inspection Capabilities
- Saw Capabilities
- Laser Capabilities
- Water Jet Capabilities
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Demonstrated examples of initiative and aggressiveness in completing projects.
- Thorough knowledge in manufacturing processes and theory.
- Knowledge of the Company's product line gained through experience with Anderson & Dahlen Inc. or a related business.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits strong leadership and sound decision-making qualities.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Thorough formal knowledge of Lean and 5-S
- Experience in using and maintaining an ERP system.
- Advanced computer skills, beyond Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Anderson Dahlen fosters a manufacturing type environment. Moderately heavy work requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing 50 pounds or less. In the performance of essential duties, the incumbent may be required to operate a variety of industrial machining tools.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.