Production Supv 2nd shift
We cherish that each individual is unique and celebrate the differences that make all of us remarkable. Bellisio Foods commits to embrace diversity, empower through equity, and elevate marginalized voices through inclusion. We believe that our dedication to these aims increases creativity, encourages innovation, drives growth, and creates an engaged and thriving team. We are devoted to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all team members feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the direction and leadership of assigned production area and the employees in that section. Under the direction of the Plant Superintendent, the Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of the product, as well as production line efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model and enforce departmental safety policies and practices, HACCP procedures, GMP’s / SSOP’s and other company policies.
• Responsible for inventory of all materials used in department and finished goods.
• Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Review resumes and conduct interviews for qualified candidates for any open position within department.
• Supervise, lead, and train department employees.
• Monitor employee attendance and discipline as necessary.
• Manage hourly employee job performance. Coach, affirm, counsel, and discipline as needed.
• Evaluate employees during their probationary period and make determinations on ability of job performance.
• Consult with Human Resources to determine course of action for employees who do not meet the standard requirements.
• Observe subordinates’ usage of HighJump and ensure the integrity of the information entered into HighJump.
• Schedule employees and approve payroll hours, including overtime and paid days off.
• Propose employee pay rate updates and ensure proper rate of pay according to wage schedule outlined in collective bargaining agreement.
• Good Interpersonal Skills-Measure of a person's ability to operate within business organizations through social communication and interactions. Interpersonal skills are how people relate to one another.
• Conflict Resolution-Ability to manage conflict by exploring and understanding all positions completely, establish common goals in order to produce sound decisions, display appreciation of alternative points of view. Approaches conflict as a learning opportunity.
• Flexibility-Ability to demonstrate effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities, and people. Ability to modify initial position when new evidence is presented.
• Ability to deal with pressure-The stress or urgency of matters demanding attention
• Planning/Organizational/Follow-Up Skills-Ability to establish a course of action for self or others to accomplish a specific goal. Accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks, set objectives, break down work into process steps, and develop schedules and task/people/resource assignments. Ability to anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, measure performance against goals, and evaluate results. Ability to establish procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments, or projects. Ability to take into consideration the skills, knowledge and experience of the assigned individual and characteristics of the assignment or project.
• Delegation Skills-Ability to efficiently prioritize and manage multiple demands while utilizing employees effectively to complete the necessary tasks, separate the critical few from the trivial many, and concentrate efforts accordingly. Ability to make hard choices in allocating one’s time and efforts.
• Innovation-Ability to generate creative solutions to work situations, tries different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities, tends to be seen as original in brainstorming settings, and can project how potential ideas may play out.
• Verbal and Written Communication Skills-Ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Ability to adjust language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to express ideas clearly verbally and in memoranda and letters that have appropriate organization and structure, correct grammar, and language and terminology adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Teamwork-Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to challenge a team toward goal achievement. Ability to create a more efficient and simplified approach to teamwork; modifies own behaviors to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
• Process Orientation-Ability to understand and listen to the expectations and requirements (both internal and external), anticipate needs, “walk in the customer’s shoes,” give high priority to customer satisfaction, and get first-hand information and use it for improvement of products and services.
• Trust-Ability to develop confidence in others through consistency or actions, values, and communications.
• Sense of Urgency-The quality or characteristic of approaching work with energy, drive, and the need to finish; and seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• 2-5 years supervisory experience
• Understanding of food manufacturing GMP’s
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Organized time manager with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to function well under pressure
• Demonstrated proficiency in communication and documentation skills
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
Bellisio Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran, or disability status.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.