Production Team Lead
Edlund Company, LLC
The Edlund Company, an OEM manufacturer of commercial restaurant equipment is committed to providing cost-effective solutions, outstanding quality, and value-added equipment that meets the ever-changing needs in the global food service marketplace.
The primary responsibility of the Production Group Leader is in ensuring that their team has the tools required to successfully meet organizational goals through Quality, Production, Safety, Training, and Human Relations. This production role will encompass team accountability, creating a team dynamic, and strong focus on continual improvement The Production group lead will work closely with the Employee Development Coordinator and use their expertise in manufacturing, quality, team facilitation, and coaching skills to guide team members through daily problem-solving activities to improve safety, quality, and productivity in our production operations through coaching and mentoring employees to create a dynamic workforce.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure production and inventory transactions are accurately recorded each workday.
- Train and delegate transaction responsibilities to direct reports.
- Monitor productivity in work areas and collaborate and lead efforts to improve productivity in areas of labor savings, materials, methods, machines, and workflow.
- Assign tasks to employees to monitor, maintain and improve workplace organization 5S.
- Plan staffing needs with Production Supervisors and Group Leads.
- Meet daily goals and KPI’ and report to broader team.
- Train and delegate quality responsibilities to direct reports.
- Serve as primary inspector for all quality activities in assigned work center.
- Ensure all non-conforming material is identified and processed according to company policy.
- Communicate all remedial, corrective, and preventative actions as it relates to direct reports and changes in accessing and using work instruction changes, print changes and rework orders.
- Collaborate with Employee Development Coordinator to train employees in equipment care, basic maintenance, and improvement of processes in work areas.
- Educate and train direct reports in safe practices and work methods.
- Ensure adherence to safety standards in work areas.
- Participate in safety incident reports, audits, and improvement activities.
- Collaborate and lead group efforts in creating solutions to remedy workplace hazards.
- Collaborate with Employee Development Coordinator and conduct On-The-Job training in accordance with business and HR development needs.
- New hire OJT
- Incumbent OJT due to engineering, safety, quality standard changes.
- Cross training for business needs and HR development.
- Participate and collaborate with Employee Development coordinator in the creation, maintenance and improvement of training materials and records.
- Work Instructions
- Inspection standards and methods
- Training Standards and methods
- Quality and manufacturing fixtures
- Encourage group team members to cross train in for the purpose of self-development and meeting business needs.
- Coach employees on performance improvement related to safety, quality, productivity.
- Conduct performance appraisals in a timely manner and according to company policy.
- Administer plant policy rules and procedures with team.
- Administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards, safety and stretching requirements directed by Edlund Company and the department.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to learn how to operate various machines.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to team and/or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work from verbal instructions, job instructions and machine manuals to assure consistency in quality and workmanship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of Associates Degree and previous management/supervisory role, or equivalent job experience.
- Safe work practices.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Previous Manufacturing experience is preferred.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES:
- Excellent facilitation skills in small groups across diverse disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak, write and present in formal and informal business engagements.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding continuous improvement concepts and skills with an emphasis on team problem solving and participating in or leading factory flow initiatives.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, patient and positive leader with ability and desire to train and interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with the job description and company policy.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed including job rotation and/or overtime.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in continuous process improvements on the job, and following our manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instruction.
- Ability to follow Edlund Company policies and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to learn and understand fabrication processes such as machining, stamping, press operations, laser cutting, punching, forming and assembly.
- Ability to learn and utilize quality instruments such as verniers, calipers, torque wrenches and other measuring tools.
- Predominately active with high frequency of standing, walking, lifting, reaching, hand and arm usage (67%-100% of the workday).
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Monday - Friday - 6am - 230pm. Some partial Saturday's required 6am - Noon.