Production Technician II
The primary responsibility of the Production Technician II will be to test/assemble Small Unmanned Arial System products in our manufacturing facility following released engineering drawings and assembly instructions using our work order system.
- Primary duty is the mechanical assembly of subassemblies using small hand and/or power tools. Some soldering may be required
- Final assembly of ground control equipment and air vehicles
- Testing and troubleshooting of subassemblies and final assemblies
- Works with other Production Technicians and Engineering to correct and improve upon any documents related to the assembly process at the required high quality standard
- Works with manufacturing engineers to improve assembly efficiency, improve product quality, reduce manufacturing costs and validate released assembly/ fabrication documentation
- Responsible for ensuring that work order protocols are followed and that work order paperwork is completed as the work is performed
- May also train other technicians to build a product or follow an established assembly process
- May conduct in-process quality checks to ensure that items built are to established high quality standards
- Follows established procedures on routine work and may require instruction on new assignments
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or production environment in either electronics or electro-mechanical assembly and test or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience with hand tools, including crimpers, drills, taps, torque wrenches, power tools and air tools is required
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is desired
- Ability to solder as part of assembly function and duties
- Must have good manual dexterity and basic computer operation skills
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with employees in the Company
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail with ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Other Qualifications & Desired Competencies
- Vocational training in Electronics or Solder Certification is preferred
- Versed in Lean Manufacturing methodologies is desired
- Familiarity with Safety and ESD practices is desired
- Work with engineering on new product development efforts where documentation and assembly instructions are not yet finalized
- Applies acquired job skills, company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks under minimal supervision
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Displays strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Takes ownership and responsibility for current and past work products
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company
- Focuses on teamwork, collaboration and puts the success of the team above one's own interests
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to frequently use hand tools (e.g. clamps) using light, minimal force
- Regularly required to sit for long periods and occasionally stand for short periods
- Frequently lift and/or carry objects of small size between 2lbs and 5lbs
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and balance
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The salary range for this role is:$18 - $26
AeroVironment considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the location, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.