Production Technician II
The Ensign-Bickford Co.
This opportunity is located within our EnviroLogix business that develops and manufactures testing solutions for detecting GMOs, mycotoxins, plant pathogens, natural toxins and chemical contaminants in multiple agricultural matrices.Click here to learn more.
The principal responsibility of this position is to manufacture EnviroLogix diagnostic products, ensuring consistent quality through standardized work.
- Adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs), and standard work
- Accurate material usage and inventory maintenance
- Operation and basic maintenance of automated and semi-automated production equipment
- Usage of common laboratory equipment, i.e. pipettes, balances, pH meters
- Preparation of buffers, critical reagents, and kit components
- Participation on cross-functional teams
- Effectively follow and execute set production schedule while escalating quality, material or equipment issues Provide support to other departments and other areas within team
- Meticulous and timely completion of quality system documentation
- Identify, segregate, and document non-conforming product
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in work areas
- Follow established safe work practices and working in a safe manner, following EnviroLogix safety policies and procedures, and for reporting any unsafe or hazardous condition to their supervisor or the Environmental, Health, and Safety department for corrective action
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to set and meet high quality standards
- Ability to communicate effectively, work smoothly with a team, cooperate with and support co-workers
- Working knowledge of computer-based systems including Microsoft Word, Office, and Excel
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team as well as in an independent role
- Self-motivated, execution oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and procedures
- High school diploma required, manufacturing or laboratory experience desired
EnviroLogix is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.