Latrobe Specialty Metals Distribution (LSD) – part of the Carpenter Technology Corporation organization, serves North America’s tooling customers with the broadest range of products, the most extensive value-added services, and unmatched metallurgical expertise in the industry. With locations in the US and Canada, LSD inventories more than 60 specialty alloys for some of the most demanding applications. Extensive value-added capabilities include production sawing, CNC high-speed precision sawing, CNC lathe turning, milling, grinding, heat treating, and hollow boring.
Wages Start at $22.00/hour
- Receive verbal or written instructions from supervisor and/or other designated plant personnel.
- Exercise basic skills in the operation of distribution center/warehouse tools and equipment involving a number of basic related tasks which follow the same sequence. Such tasks may be performed within a department or across multiple departments.
- Check dimensions of material before, during and after processing to maintain specified tolerances.
- Counts and weigh pieces, weighs scrap and keeps segregated by grades. Stencil, stamp, and/or attach ID tags to material and packages, as required. Color code various products, as required. Verify and package orders to customer specification. Transports material between workstations using side loaders, lift trucks and floor operated overhead cranes. Keeps production records and operates transmission equipment to enter, receive and send data.
- Lubricates, cleans, adjusts and makes minor repairs to production equipment and related tools and equipment. Keeps hand tools clean and orderly. Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Notify supervisor of any condition deemed unsafe or requiring maintenance repair. Assist with equipment and facility maintenance.
- Perform other duties as directed including general labor duties.
- 1-3 years previous manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with circular saws, grinders, milling machines, lathes, cut off saws and other similar processing equipment, side loader, plate flippers, gas powered lift trucks, forklifts, carts, floor operated overhead crane, skids, scale, tape measure, micrometers, various hand tools, chains, hooks, slings, wood and other packaging materials, stencils, bar press, power nailer, power stapler, power bander, manual bander, plate and bar magnets, calipers, etc. (preferred)
- Able to perform efficiently under supervision and direction
- Basic math & measuring skills
- Commitment to safety
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.ID:uDnQdo