Production Test Technician
G. W. Lisk Co., Inc.
GW Lisk Island Components division designs and manufactures an array of motion control products including but not limited to Motors, Actuators, Brakes, Clutches and Controllers.
The Test Technician position supports the Island Components Production Operations, and is responsible to conduct all acceptance testing of production hardware for use on commercial, military and space applications. In this role, the individual will conduct production test to ensure product meets requirement prior to delivery to customer. He/She will be responsible for the collection and storage of data related to the test process. He/She will be expected to keep test equipment running at full potential to meet production schedule. The Test Technician should have the ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervisory guidance on multiple products while working in a dynamic result-oriented environment.
- Performs production test functions to ensure product meet acceptable criteria.
- Assist Engineering troubleshooting motor, gearboxes, brakes, clutches, and subassemblies using common and/or computerized data acquisition equipment (i.e. Labview), and interprets test results on data forms. Uses digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment.
- Sets up and configures test equipment on a variety of products to measure and recording system performance parameters to ensure conformance to test specifications.
- Verifies accuracy of test fixtures and set‐up prior to testing and makes necessary adjustments to attain specified test results. Trouble shoots and resolves most set up problems independently.
- Acquires and interprets test data.
- Supports Engineering department for special tests, investigation of problems, prototype testing, and other similar tasks as required.
- Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience or Associates Degree in an engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Associated Degree or higher desired.
- A background in production test and familiarity with electronic and mechanical test equipment, test procedures, and installation documentation are highly desirable.
- Laboratory equipment experience preferred (e.g., oscilloscope, digital multimeter, power supplies, thermal vacuum chambers, vibration equipment)
- Capable of reading and interpreting manuals, specifications, drawings and blueprints.
- Capable of reading and interpreting meters, gauges, charts, and a variety of instruments.
- Ability to identify faults and issues within test assemblies and implement appropriate fixes.
- Be able to clearly report progress and results by producing written documentation.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to present test results and technical data, both orally and in writing, in clear and concise terms.
- Ability to work in a dynamic result-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Compensation: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour based on experience
GW Lisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.