U.S. Silica is a global performance materials company and a leading producer of commercial silica used in a wide range of industrial applications and in the oil and gas industry. U.S. Silica’s wholly owned subsidiaries include EP Minerals and SandBox Logistics®. EP Minerals is an industry leader in the production of products derived from diatomaceous earth, perlite, engineered clays, and non-activated clays. SandBox Logistics® is a state-of-the-art leader in proppant storage, handling and well-site delivery, dedicated to making proppant logistics cleaner, safer and more efficient.
During our 121-year history, we have developed core competencies in mining, processing, logistics and materials science that enable us to produce and cost-effectively deliver over 400 diversified product types to customers across our end markets. As of December 31, 2020, we operated 23 production facilities across the United States. We control 489 million tons of reserves of commercial silica, which can be processed to make 197 million tons of finished products that meet American Petroleum Institute ("API") frac sand specifications, and 79 million tons of reserves of diatomaceous earth, perlite, and clays.
The Company is headquartered in Katy, Texas, and has an office in Reno, Nevada.
$1500 sign-on bonus paid out over first 90 days.
The Production Worker position is packaging of the product including bags, bulk bags, and bulk hopper cars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working safely is priority
- Packs product into bags, bulk bags, boxes and bulk hopper rail cars
- Completes or assists with bulk car cleaning, sealing, purging and switching
- Uses manual and automatic palletizer
- Identifies bag type, pallet type, and code stickers
- Remove, replace and record broken and light weight bags
- Dump broken bags and re-feed non-conforming product
- Check and record bag weights
- Fills out proper code identification
- Makes boxes using glue guns or heat shrink guns
- Stacks or re-stacks bags
- High school diploma or general education (GED); or equivalent experience.
- Multi-Tasking skills
- Good attention to quality and detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
- Good attendance history.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.