Production Worker – WSCP Twinsburg
Worthington Steel is dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions, or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Internal candidates with a demonstrated commitment to Our Philosophy, and ability to meet - or exceed - company expectations for safety, quality, and attendance to apply for the following Production opportunities at WSCP Twinsburg:
Pickle Line Rover, Afternoons/Nights
- Performs multiple roles, including operating Entry, Exit and Set-up tasks to ensure ongoing machine operation
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production of materials
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work in extreme temperatures, climb stairs and stand on your feet for up to 10 hrs. a day.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination and be able to handle small parts.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required.
- Competent in basic math skills.
- Must be able to read, follow detailed instructions and understand English.
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes.
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately.
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures – detect defects.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills.
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or production order.
- Can read and comprehend written instructions on productions.
- Crane/Forklift Certification preferred; required for some roles.