Program Manager II
San Diego, CA
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Manager to work with the Energy Group at our facility in Poway and Torrey Pines. This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the technical and operational aspects of projects and serves as the liaison between senior management, project staff, and customer representatives regarding technical scope, schedule and budgets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion, including acquisition, planning, and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Apply established technologies using standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide or review solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues.
- Using Earned Value Methodology, create project plan(s) budget(s), schedule(s) and manage resources to ensure project specification goals are attained.
- Collaborate with management and project team(s) in the assignment and assessment of project goals to meet larger and more strategic business objectives.
- Manage cross-functional technical teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Serve as liaison between project teams and administrative service departments on matters of high importance.
- Manage project progress and identify issues for intervention and problem solving with project teams and the customer.
- Organize, plan and develop technical reviews for projects with either internal or external customers
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation. May make presentations to internal and external audiences as needed regarding project status.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations and objectives to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Methodologies with a focus on process improvements in manufacturing environment
- Experience in manufacturing operations
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as nine or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess:
- The ability to initiate, plan and manage projects;
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine issues of diverse scope and nature;
- Strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and,
- The ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD/DOE security clearance is required.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.