Program Manager – Packaging Supplier Quality – Nutrition – Columbus, OH
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Program Manager - Packaging Supplier Quality
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr. is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
- This position works out of our Columbus, OH location in the Nutrition Division.
- Key Areas of responsibility:
- Team & Talent Development (Qualification Team Lead)
- Drive development and growth of the team
- Qualifications: Responsible for team of Quality Project Leaders and Sr. Quality Leaders. The team is responsible for qualifications of new packaging (new supplier sites, new molds, new packaging format, etc.)
- Continuous improvement of department & supplier performance.
- Support overall team projects to improve or drive towards always audit ready
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and develop the team.
- Perform supplier qualification assessments of new packaging suppliers to assure the quality design of the package and the supplier’s processes, facilities and systems meet AN and regulatory requirements.
- Work with Package Development to develop, validate and issue packaging methodology and equipment. Conduct equipment R&R studies at qualification to assure that testing between plant and suppliers is in alignment.
- Develop packaging suppliers’ systems and processes to improve process capability and to develop certificates of analysis.
- Conduct reviews and updates to supplier regulatory documentation that is submitted with all packaging changes and new qualifications to assure regulatory compliance.
- Assure that proposed changes made to supplier processes are approved and compliant to specifications, making changes when necessary.
- Provide support to global operations by resolving packaging material issues in a timely manner. Work with plants to develop sampling and correction plans when resolving packaging issues within received lots.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor of Science degree in technical or science field required.
- The Program Manager – Supplier Quality should have at least 8-10 years of experience in quality or packaging engineering, supplier quality assurance programs or related experience in operations, or quality assurance
The Program Manager – Supplier Quality should meet and/or exceed the Abbott Core Competency requirements, as well as:
Possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes (production, logistics, and engineering) and quality assurance principles. Possess technical understanding of different technologies, product quality systems and supplier programs and be able to provide consultation and recommendations to help suppliers improve their performance. Possess an understanding of food packaging laws and regulated industry for commercial packaging. Have experience in performing/leading supplier assessments and working independently through troubleshooting supplier issues. Have the ability to successfully interact and communicate with all organizational levels internally and with leadership. Demonstrate the ability to manage several activities / projects at once, to organize / prioritize work, to meet deadlines and to prepare plans and reports.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between:N/A
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : 2900 Easton Square Place
TRAVEL:Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf