Program Manager – Power Generation
Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
As a Program Manager, you will be joining the Power, Actuation, & Chemical Sensing (PACS) Value Stream within Mission Systems. In this role, you will support US Army and US Navy customers and will be responsible for leading small and mid sized programs within the Power Generation value stream.
The role will assist the Value Stream Leader in leading and growing the Power Value Stream, and will work closely with the value stream and functional teams to ensure achievement of the value stream’s strategic objectives and customer commitments. The Program Manager is accountable for the full lifecycle of products and services from inception through contract completion in addition to managing P&L. This is inclusive of pursuit and order capture, design and development, produce to deliver, service/support and long-term strategic business plans.
This position is required to work onsite at our Rockford, Illinois facility. Relocation assistance will be provided as necessary.
- Responsible for program execution, ensuring adherence to program plans, schedules, and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility
- Reviews and updates milestones, program plans, schedules and budgets for programs to ensure that the organization's objectives are met
- Ensure the Integrated Project Team (IPT) is effective at managing the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule, performance and on-time delivery of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Identifies risks and opportunities, develops risk and opportunities, develops mitigations and recommendations to achieve customer satisfaction, cost and performance goals
- Participates in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests
- Supports annual strategic planning efforts for the business
- Prepares and presents value-stream strategy, progress, and results
- Ensures a Continuous Improvement mentality is prevalent in the organization, actively leading and participating in Lean activities to drive quality and efficiency
- Travel requirements up to 10%
- Typically requires a University Degree and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience in program management or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of program management experience or in absence of a degree, 12 years of program management experience
- Must have prior experience supporting the contract management of a program
- Must have prior experience and knowledge of the product development lifecycle
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. RTX will not offer sponsorship for this position
- Prior experience working with government contracts or programs
- Prior EVMS experience or exposure
- Knowledge of the Manufacturing life cycle
- SAP and Microsoft Project experience
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions
for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
*Please ensure the role type (defined below) is appropriate for your needs before applying to this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.The salary range for this role is 96,000 USD - 200,000 USD. The salary range provided is a good faith estimate representative of all experience levels. RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role, function and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills.Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement.Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.This role is a U.S.-based role. If the successful candidate resides in a U.S. territory, the appropriate pay structure and benefits will apply.RTX anticipates the application window closing approximately 40 days from the date the notice was posted. However, factors such as candidate flow and business necessity may require RTX to shorten or extend the application window.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo