Location; Wilmington, OH.
The AZEK Company (www.azekco.com) is a $1.2+ billion, and growing, industry-leading manufacturer of beautiful, low-maintenance building products, and is highly committed to accelerating the use of recycled materials. We use our expertise in materials science to engineer and manufacture high-quality, sustainable residential and commercial building products that improve lives and businesses. All of Azek’s products are designed to replace wood, metal and other traditional materials in a variety of applications. In June 2020, we completed a highly successful IPO (NYSE: AZEK).
At AZEK, we don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. AZEK is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
The Program Manager is responsible to lead program/project management for all aspects of key margin expansion initiatives. Specifically, the role plans, executes, and monitors integrated cost reduction projects while coordinating with multiple businesses and departments including R&D, Operations, Supply Chain and Product Management. The right candidate possesses an elevated level of ownership and accountability and is a confident, dynamic leader who persuades and inspires the team in driving toward the desired cost-out results.
- Overarching View: Define project objectives, timelines, milestones, and deliverables and ensure successful execution of projects and overall programs within budget and timelines.
- Communication: Collaborate with various stakeholders, including senior management, department heads, and cross-functional teams to gain buy-in and support for cost reduction initiatives. Facilitate effective communication and engagement to ensure alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Product Management. Serve as the connection point into the plants for Product Management. Collaborate to ensure full alignment pertaining to achievement of product specifications, aesthetics, and characteristics. Ensure Product Management has a complete picture of project progress to ensure timely product planning and communication with Sales and Marketing teams. Advocates for our customers – distributors, dealers, and most importantly contractors and homeowners. Studies the voice of the customer not simply by reviewing claims data, but through customer surveys, online reviews, primary and secondary research. Understands the competition and the advantages and disadvantages of competitive and substitute products.
- Research and Development: Collaborate with R&D and Process Development (including Recycle) to ensure proper project prioritization and to anticipate next steps and completion of key milestones. Coordinate with R&D, Process Engineering, Planning, ESH, Quality and Production teams to ensure timely scheduling and execution of trials.
- Supply Chain: Partner with Sourcing to ensure evaluation and favorability of vendor contracts, terms negotiation, and identify opportunities for cost savings through strategic supplier management. Coordinate with Planning to ensure seamless integration of production trials, inventory strategies, and eventual production serialization.
- Financial: Partner with Finance and oversee detailed financial analysis, including cost-benefit analysis, financial modeling, and variance analysis to identify cost drivers, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement. Analyze financial data and metrics to track the progress, effectiveness of cost reduction initiatives and ROI.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and obstacles that may impact the success of individual projects and the overall program(s). Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to minimize disruptions and ensure the achievement of goals.
- Process Improvement: Identify process inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and waste across different functions or operations. Partner with CI teams to drive process improvement initiatives to streamline workflows, eliminate redundancies, and enhance productivity.
- Performance Tracking and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and evaluate the progress and effectiveness of cost reduction programs. Prepare regular reports and presentations to communicate program status, financial savings, and other relevant information to stakeholders and senior management.
- Change Management: Drive organizational change by fostering a cost improvement culture and “out of the box” mindset across the organization. Develop and implement change management plans, including communication strategies and training to facilitate adoption and acceptance of cost reduction initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously assess and identify opportunities for ongoing cost optimization and operational efficiency. Stay updated on industry best practices, market trends, and emerging technologies that can drive innovative approaches, process improvement and cost reduction.
- Master Data: Coordinate with the Master Data team to ensure timely and accurate setup of Bills of Material, Routings, etc.
- Take ownership and accountability to ensure the overall success of the program(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management or an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum five years of experience in an Operations or Engineering function.
- Minimum three years of experience in managing large and complex projects.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to motivate and drive team members who are not direct reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizing skills and trained in formal project management tools.
- Strong financial acumen. Understands basic financial metrics and financial statements.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Continually demonstrates a team-player attitude toward work and co-workers.
- Ability to travel 30% annually.
Compensation for roles at AZEK varies depending on a wide range of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. The annual salary for this role is $116,500 to $130,000. In addition to base salary, we offer generous bonus and incentive opportunities that significantly increase earning potential.
“Are you concerned that you don’t meet every requirement listed above? Don't let that stop you from applying! Studies reveal that some applicants refrain from applying for jobs unless they fulfill every single requirement. We don't believe in the notion of a "perfect" candidate. If you are confident in your ability to excel in the role, adapt swiftly, and are committed to contributing to our mission of building a more sustainable future, we warmly welcome your application.”ID:uDnQdo