Programming & Automation Engineer
Milk Specialties Co.
The Programming and Automation Engineer is responsible to oversee and troubleshoot all process and controls applications and assist in any networking issues working either onsite or at remote location. The position supports multiple locations throughout the company.
Our Programming and Automation Engineer Will:
- Perform duties related to preventative, routine and emergency maintenance of the control/networking systems. Verifies and backs up all changes in controls logic for restore if needed. Available for program needs on for 24-hour support as available.
- Designs, codes, tests, and debugs moderately complex programs, and modify existing programing to keep the process running. Changes code in the programming as needed to achieve the correct outcome of the process. Verifies that the change such as flow rates and or levels are maintained throughout the process without having a balance tank run over on to the floor causing issues with the effluent discharge.
- Analyzes and revises system logic. Works with plant support to promote efficiencies related to programming logic as needed to maintain the system at peak performance and minimize down time.
- Troubleshoot process equipment as needed. Performs trouble shooting out in the field to verify that the issue at hand has been resolved. This task is performed so that verification can be made that the system out on the field matches the programming.
- Makes changes to programing as needed and monitors the change to make sure the final goal is achieved.
- Keep Local Management informed of potential issues. Keeps track of any changes that has been made to any of the programming in the system, informs the Manager and or Supervisor know of the changes.
- Work with outside vendors and contractors – on projects for the facility
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Associates degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Engineering: Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical or related preferred
- Up to 30% travel
- 1-3 years of programming experience or equivalent skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to trouble shoot programming, hardware, software, and network issues as they relate to the process.
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture