Schuff Steel Co.
San Diego, CA
The Project Coordinator assists in managing the flow of technical information between the Schuff Steel Project Management team, customers, and subcontractors and vendors, while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients, through verbal and written communication. They collaborate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are executed smoothly. Schuff PC’s have worked on some of the most amazing building structures in North America. Please consider joining our dynamic Project Management Team.
- Reviews design drawings for accuracy and completeness, and coordinates resolution of discrepancies and/or missing information with customers, design team, other trades, detailing, shop, & field as may be necessary.
- Coordinates project sequencing and basic detailing job setup including advance bills and shop and erection drawings.
- Provides technical instructions and guidance to steel detailers in preparing shop drawings per project requirements and standards.
- Monitors project schedules regarding submittals, approvals, and shop fabrication releases. Identify and communicate possible delays or problems to project management team.
- Organize detailing RFI process through formal RFI to customer and informal RFI’s with the engineer, architect, and general contractor. Facilitates and fulfills other documentation efforts and duties and as may be required.
- Distribute and route drawings. Partner with Document Control to avoid delays and maintain logs.
- Act as a liaison between shop, field, and detailers to resolve fabrication and erection difficulties.
- Maintains daily communication with Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager or Vice President on progress of areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Project Management Team in achieving successful project results.
- Coordinates the detailing efforts of various common subcontractors.
- Serve as a direct link between Detailers, Project Managers, and other production departments, and customer, other contractors, and Design Team as may be required.
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree or training from an approved and accredited technical school in engineering or detailing/drafting is highly preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in CM, Structural/Civil Engineering, or other technical area may substitute for required experience.
At least five (5) years related experience in the coordination of structural steel projects. Detailing experience highly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret shop and design drawings. General understanding and knowledge of basic drafting skills, 3D modeling software/Tekla practices, fabrication and erection standards, standard technical terminology, common structural steel practices, and drafting room procedures.
Software & Technology
MS Windows 10, MS Office 365; Office Word, Excel, and Outlook; Contract Manager, Primavera Scheduling, Fabtrol and Tekla system. Bluebeam applications.
Position may require frequent air/road travel as needed and required. A clean driving record will be required due to required road travel. A current and valid driver’s license and proof of acceptable insurance is required. This position is generally indoors in a climate-controlled office. However, frequent visitations to the outdoor plant facilities and project sites may be required. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request for those who have disabilities that qualify under the American with Disabilities Act.
At Schuff Steel, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. Our team environment is based on respect, effective communications, and accountability. We believe employees should have great working conditions along with opportunities to grow and develop. We proudly promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has a chance to be successful. Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan. We value Diversity.
Rated by ENR as a leading builder in America, please consider joining our elite organization today. Apply directly. No agencies