PlayCore Holdings, Inc. (HQ)
Gametime is seeking a Project Designer to join our GameTime Design Services Group. The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative and has a passion to create unique and innovative spaces that meet and exceed the clients’ expectations. This position will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, which vary in scope and scale, including play spaces, parks and other recreational facilities. The Project Designer will have the opportunity to collaborate with a range of professionals across multiple design professions, from product development to on-site construction.
The Project Designer will assist in the development of site designs (2D Layouts), presentation documents (3D Renderings, and Lumion Video’s) using the latest software, and will participate in client meetings as need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable of all product lines and intended functions.
- Prepares or assist in the design of creative and compliant play spaces, cost estimates, and presentations.
- Develops designs using computer graphic programs, including the latest versions of Photoshop, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Lumion, Sketchup, and other software tools as required to generate accurate representation of concepts.
- Able to work with and understand construction drawings, topographic mapping and other related documentation for site layouts.
- Assist in the organization and management of project activities and materials.
- Create and follow design instructions from initial concept to final product.
- Participate in playground installations to continuously increase knowledge of GT products and competitors.
- Learn the necessary CPSC and ASTM guidelines including getting certification.
- Learn and implement CORE’s Best Practice design programs for National Demonstration Sites.
- Additional related duties as needed.
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience
- Drafting degree and two years’ work experience required, a design background with experience in landscape architecture, architecture, or planning encouraged.
- Must be proficient in computer software for design work and layouts of 2D and 3D visualizations.
- Able to utilize computer software programs for creating reports, presentations, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative communication skills
- Travel will be at a minimal with occasional trips to project sites, manufacturing facility or help with community playground installs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCad, Sketchup, Lumion, and Adobe Suite Software.
- The ability to Speak and translate Spanish would be preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.