Project Development Leader
The Project Development Leader (PDL) will provide capital project development, managerial and execution expertise to the business and production plants in the United States and Canada region for PPG. Main accountabilities will include early development of capital project details/plans/specifics, support of project executions at main facilities and development, with training, of project-based practices or systems. The PDL will support development of scheduling, estimating, forecasting and risk mitigation planning.
• Applying your professional experience developing projects within a chemical or equivalent manufacturing environment, the PDL could be tasked with items including:
– Early Front-End Loading (FEL) development of business projects through funding approval with hand-off to a project manager for execution, startup and commissioning phases.
– Mentor junior project management professionals in honing their development skill sets.
– Be part of a quick response team that would develop mitigating solutions for capital projects in execution.o Development, startup and turnover of strategic company projects.
• In partnership with global engineering team and implementation of project management and execution processes, procedures, toolkits, and standards.
• Develop project resourcing using internal and external resources.
• Work with procurement to acquire 3rd party engineering/contractor service vendors.
• Ability to execute a proper procurement cycle including specification and bid package development and bid evaluations.
• Integrate the business functions of Business leadership, Operations management, Sales, Marketing, R&D, IT, EHS into the project team to align scope and scale with benefits to the business.
– Ensure the final business case/value proposition provides value or promote and resolve deficiencies with project sponsor or steering committee.
• Bachelor of Engineering with 20+ years of project management experience in chemical industry or equivalent.
• Expertise in FEL/phase gate processes, safety reviews, project procurement, different contracting execution strategies, technical bid evaluations, contractor selections score cards, solid understanding of all engineering disciplines (Process, mechanical-fixed/rotating, piping, electrical, instrumentation, and CSA) workflows and deliverables for each phase gate.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of cost estimation, cost control, planning and scheduling, construction management, construction contracting, procurement management & contracting, quality assurance, EPC contract management, vendor management, FAT, SAT, and commissioning and start-ups.
• Demonstrated experience managing diverse projects such as green-field, brown field, capacity expansions (large) as well as core EHS and infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrated effective team integration of internal stakeholders, subject matters experts and 3rd party resources for the successful scope development of new facilities and/or processes.
• Strong sense of ownership, and a desire to develop new and improve existing systems and processes through creative and innovative approaches.
This is a remote based opportunity anywhere in the United States. Preference given to candidates in the Eastern and Central time zones. Domestic and international travel averaging 50 % and experience working with international suppliers.
The compensation range for this position is from 135k-175k based on experience.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we are looking for candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We make it happen.
We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.ID:uDnQdo