Project Engineer CCC
Central Conveyor Co.
The TSUBAKI name is synonymous with excellence in quality, dependability and customer service. U.S. Tsubaki is a leading manufacturer and supplier of power transmission and motion control products. As a part of a vast, international network of corporate and industrial resources, Tsubaki offers its customers the finest state-of-the-art products available in the world and we strive to be the “Best Value” supplier in the industry. Central Conveyor Company (a member of the Tsubaki Group) is a turn-key Systems Integrator with a complete portfolio of conveyance solutions and products for the Automotive, Parcel & Logistics, and Warehouse & Distribution markets.
The Project Engineer is responsible for creating detailed engineering drawings; reviewing design documents for accuracy, completeness, and constructability; creating bills of material (BOM); and meeting job design budgets and deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Prepare, coordinate, and create project drawings according to the initial design conception through final completion.
- Plan and forecast budget and timelines to assure that the project is accurately completed to schedule.
- Perform quality control checks throughout all stages of the schedule to ensure budgets are kept and deadlines met.
- Analyze and engineer custom automotive fixtures, industrial sheet metal enclosures, industrial ductwork, steel mezzanines, and platform steel structures.
- Attend customer bid-meetings, contract meetings and walk-throughs, as necessary.
- Create and revise project drawings as required.
- Create and release purchased parts, materials and equipment lists to purchasing.
- Create and release approved work orders and drawings to the shop and the field; and provide onsite field engineering, as necessary.
- Perform field checks as required.
- Follow build status of engineered projects internally and externally.
- Lead internal detail teams to complete fabrication drawings.
- Completes other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- State registered Professional Engineer (PE), preferred.
- Experience in Conveyor / Material Handling Automotive Market.
- Experience in Fixture / Enclosures / Ductwork Industrial Market.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Background with Factory CAD, Solid Edge, MicroStation and other 3D software, preferred.
- Knowledge of structural steel elements, material handling and production systems.
- Knowledge of enclosure, ductwork, and fixture design.
- Occasional travel for problem-solving and review of job sites.
U.S. Tsubaki offers a competitive compensation package, including health benefits effective on date of hire, generous 401(k) match and profit sharing, education reimbursement, and annual bonus potential.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability