Project Engineer- Embedded Software
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
Work Shift1 - First ShiftThe Project Engineer – Embedded Software leads an Agile software design team to innovate and provide cost-effective and on-time software solutions to meet customer needs. This position leads software engineering projects, Agile team development, and continuous improvement of software development methods, practices, and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead by exhibiting the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors. Supervise, organize, mentor and coach assigned team members in performance of their duties while influencing others to carry the Vermeer culture forward. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization’s strategies and objectives to drive key business results. Use expertise to ensure department is serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Lead a software development team from planning, release schedule, story creation, backlog organization and prioritization, through execution in Sprints and Potentially Shippable Increment to software verification and release. Is the single point of contact for software development on assigned projects.
3. Lead continuous improvement activities regarding software development methods, practices, and standards.
4. Develop metrics and dashboards to transparently lead a software Agile development team in delivering on-time, high quality, and defect free embedded software. Measure and manage software defects by identify root causes, detection and escape points in order to implement both short and long term corrective and preventative actions.
5. Provide early-stage software development plans to identifying change, build initial backlog, and match the Agile team’s capacity to provide completion milestones so overall project can be planned for success.
6. Promote a healthy development culture that empowers Agile software teams to deliver incremental value every Sprint.
7. Maintain and organize software functional specifications, code repository, change control processes and configuration management.
8. Ensure test planning is part of Potentially Shippable Increment and Sprint planning and assure stories contain robust and common definitions of done.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering field with a minimum of 5 years previous job experience and/or training; and/or combination of equivalent education and experience is required.
- Experience in Agile embedded software development on real time controllers using model-based software development or similar methods.
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, C, J1939, Github, scripting languages is required. Working experience with real-time operating systems and databases preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstration of good project management skills including good verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of software development life cycle fundamentals, including continuous integration and multi-stage software deployment, automated testing, and tools for production and field support.
- Experience in achieving goals in the product development process, which include gross margin, cost, reliability, and performance for each assigned project to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Experience in leading effectively with all internal and external personnel to manage, design, build and debug software applications.
- Experience in improving software performance, costs, manufacturability, and reliability which is a direct link to the Company profitability.
- Experience in mentoring and developing software under Agile frameworks.
- Experience in effectively leading project development and engineering teams to complete projects on time and within budget.
Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
Work LocationHYBRID: Some of a team member’s day-to-day work may be best done at a location other than a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.
Interested? We’d love to get to know you.ID:uDnQdo