National Oilwell Varco
Coordinate the execution of new-build and aftermarket upgrade Blowout Preventer (BOP) projects. Plan, direct, and coordinate activities for assigned project(s) to ensure that the objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, funding parameters and to the customer’s specification.
- Provide customers / subcontractors with a single point-of-contact and assume the role of communications coordinator for assigned major projects within the various departments.
- Generate project plans which define tasks and schedules consistent with the company’s overall objectives.
- Assure preparation of customer documents and project drawings are completed as required by the contract.
- Monitor all project activities and control schedule and budget of project with a high degree of technical excellence including reporting progress and taking corrective action as required to meet plans.
- Provides the project overview and coordinates tasks between PCG Product Groups to meet project requirements.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing, Product Engineering Managers and Project Managers to establish a realistic project schedule and monitors compliance with the defined project objectives.
- Review project contract, relevant rule & regulations to generate detailed engineering project scope of work to create engineering Scope of Supply documents for projects.
- Ensures that adequate resources are applied to the project.
- Leads and ensure authorized work processes are implemented in all phases of project execution.
- Ensures that project risks are identified and managed throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
- Develop and maintain Risk Response Plan and Register, interfacing with the Senior Management Team.
- Negotiate, manages, and executes customer Change Orders (CO) and other changes to the contract including scheduling CO reviews and updates to CO summary log.
- Develops and maintains Master Action Issue's list and Lessons Learned database. Conduct Previous Projects' Lessons Learned Review.
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or offshore when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 years or more of work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge in control systems, hydraulics, electrical software a plus.
- Location: 6390 N Eldridge Pkwy., Houston TX 77041.
- Hybrid work schedule (3 days in the office and 2 days remote work) after completion of program training.
Learn more about NOV Rig Technologies products and services, please visit us at https://www.nov.com/about/our-company-structure/rig.ID:uDnQdo