Project Engineer Intern
Green Plains, Inc.
Wood River, NE
Summary: As a Project Engineering Intern for Green Plains Inc., you will be asked to learn detailed operations of a functioning ethanol facility in the Green Plains fleet of dry mills. You will assist and complete multiple projects under the guidance of one project engineer. Green Plains offers an outstanding opportunity to network and learn from highly successful individuals in the Operations environment.
- Attend daily meetings within the plant that your projects will affect.
- Quickly learn and understand the critical safety practices of the plant and know which parts of the PSM program are managed by the Engineering team.
- Develop project charter identifying key stakeholders and project milestones.
- Develop scope of project, get agreement from all stakeholders and write Capital Investment Requests (CIR).
- Troubleshoot and solve process problems at the plant.
- Play an important role in assisting in optimizing plant operations.
- Understand the operational nuances of a Bio-Refinery.
- Network with the engineering staff of the Green Plains fleets to develop a higher level of understanding of the industry and how operational expenses drive business decisions.
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed.
- Studies towards a Bachelor’s degree required. Preference will be given to those at a Junior level in Chemical, Mechanical, Agricultural or other related Engineering field.
- Preference given to those with experience and knowledge of the grain/agriculture industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be technically capable of using a personal computer and a range of software applications, particularly Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay including a business casual work environment. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.