Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main purpose of this position is to design solutions to meet customers’ requirements, through new designs or reconfiguration of existing Teledyne DGO products; ensuring successful and timely delivery of fully build-able packages to Manufacturing.
- Primary responsibilities include developing solutions in accordance with standard Teledyne DGO guidelines and practices and all contractual requirements; creating designs in CAD using best engineering practices. The Project Engineer III will may also create procedures and, test standards and new fixtures to facilitate manufacturing/test, and interface with the customer to ensure technical requirements and expectations are met.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in an integrated multi-discipline team environment for the development, qualification and production integration of new product.
- Responsibilities include ensuring appropriate Qualification exists for all products, performing formal Design Reviews as appropriate; providing technical support to manufacturing, and assisting with technical review of Quotes and Orders.
- Assist in developing and overseeing execution of Qualification test plans as appropriate.
- Participate in Failure Analysis activities, and provide technical input to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) evaluation.
- Actively seek to gain detailed knowledge for all Teledyne Oil & Gas products and technologies.
- Ensure all product solutions reflect Teledyne DGO design and qualification standards.
- Perform technical analysis on new designs (i.e stress analysis, electrical, tolerance stack-up, thermal, corrosion, etc)
- Pro-actively participate in the Project Engineering Team environment and follow the direction and leadership of senior staff.
- Generally responsible for technical oversight of at least one key product line or design element (i.e. glass sealing, feed-thru system RF design, nuclear power product, etc.)
Required Training, Experience and Education
- BS/MS degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in a related industry, ideally working with a supplier for subsea defense products.
- A strong Engineering aptitude with hands-on capabilities
Essential Functions of the Job
- Ownership of new designs (spec review, technical design analysis and review, purchase part specification, drawing generation, release to manufacture, production readiness review)
- Support for first article qualification projects (fixture design, test reports, engineering reports)
- Engineering support for quote requests (part cross reference, technical detail review with customer/CSR)
- Customer meetings/calls for design modifications/new programs/engineering reviews/failure analysis
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of general safety practices in high pressure, thermal, and electrical operational and test environments
- Familiarity with basic temperature, pressure, insulation resistance, continuity resistance, optical insertion/return loss, optical back reflection, mechanical stress/strain, vibration & shock requirements and measurement techniques
- Preferred to have understanding of Fiber Optic and Electrical (power and communications) interconnectivity
- Preferred to have knowledge of US government military specs for suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001
- Experience with welding, RF or high power electrical design, FEA, etc, desirable but not required
Tools and Equipment
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar CAD program (Solidworks preferred)
- MS Office Suite proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with manufacturing quality and reliability tools (i.e. Six Sigma, FMEA)
- Strong written and oral communication technique
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.