Fincantieri ACE Marine
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Position Title: Project Engineer
Location of Position: United States – Wisconsin – Sturgeon Bay
Business Group: Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding
Position Type: Full-Time; Permanent; Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Position Summary: This position is responsible for determining the technical requirements and driving deliverables of the project across all Engineering disciplines at our vast, 63-acre facility. Significant heavy manufacturing takes place both in several fab shops, as well as on the waterfront. The Project Engineer will support the 1,000+ working men and women on our waterfront by assisting the Project Manager in resolving technical compliance issues as they arise; being held accountable for project budget and schedule compliance; also performing project related activities while supporting the Project Manager. The Project Engineer will work with Outsourced Engineering Firm’s to meet project schedule commitments and must be able to review their schedule and the required resources so as to meet the manufacturing production requirements.
- Follow and promote FBS Safety Policy.
- Abide by, and enforce, all organizational policies and procedures.
- Lead or participate in internal and external meetings.
- Represent the company at meetings, events and tradeshows.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Owners, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Prepare schedules for undertaking engineering work.
- Schedule and monitor assigned work and the work of assigned resources.
- Supervise 2-15 assigned resources.
- Lead engineering effort for assigned project.
- Provide project guidance.
- Assure that inter discipline communications are maintained as related to the project.
- Solve technical issues and implement solutions, provide briefings.
- Track and report progress to budget and schedule commitments.
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables (ECNs, WINs, Work Orders, PTSs, Reports, Studies, Proposals).
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions throughout FBS.
- Interpret contract requirements.
- Lead projects, internal or external.
- Participate in yearly evaluations.
- Distribute budgets for projects.
- Prepare estimates as required.
- Approve estimates prepared by assigned resources.
- Assist in developing contract change documents or proposals to support project needs.
- Use of 2D and 3D shipbuilding software in the development of production documentation.
- Specify and requisition material through company ERP system.
- Write test memos and procedures.
- Develop a Project based documentation development schedule.
- Drawing schedules in accordance with work pack schedules.
- Manufacturing Work pack release schedule.
- Develop project Engineering Matrix.
- Ensure all aspects of assigned project are carried out in a timely manner.
- Assist Program Manager in the communication of Project Goals with all organizations from which engineering needs support.
- Ability and willingness to engage in highly energetic pursuits on the waterfront.
- Maintain a commitment to and promote the Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety Policies.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Organizational Savvy – Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Manages Complexity -- Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding (FBS) is located in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. With roots dating back to 1918, we currently exist as an industry leader in new construction, repair, and major conversions. The FBS portfolio includes articulated tug-barge units, OPA 90-compliant vessels, dredges and dredging support equipment, and offshore supply vessels along with specializing in Great Lakes self-unloading vessels. We strive to be the shipbuilder of choice in safety, quality, value and dependability by offering innovative and competitive maritime solutions tailored to our customers’ needs. Our mission is to build, repair and sustain maritime vessels that proudly supply, service and defend our nation and the world.
Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We promote a Drug Free Work Environment and require pre-employment drug testing as well as mandatory random drug testing.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Human Resources Department at [email protected].ID:uDnQdo