West Palm Beach, FL
Country:United States of America
Location:PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We’ve introduced role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment. *Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
*Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process.
Pratt and Whitney Engineering’s Development Operations (DO), is responsible for the assembly, testing and data collection of development military and commercial jet engines at multiple test facilities. Within DO, Test Systems Engineering (TSE) provides the engineering, design and procurement of special test equipment, test facilities and test support systems required for validation and production testing of full engines and engine components.
Test Systems Engineering is seeking a Project Engineer to manage engineering projects from initial concept to final installation and project close-out. This requires interaction with the customer/Program Office, other CIPTs and Systems groups, internal and external test sites, Procurement, Outsource suppliers, and TSE Engineering staff to insure that the test equipment meets requirements for schedule, budget, and technical function. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as the ability to communicate at all levels of P&W management are vital to this role. The Project Engineer is accountable to his/her customers and to TSE/DO Management.
- Manage assigned Engineering projects by executing Engineering Standard Work (ESW). This includes identifying the general project scope, estimating the cost and project duration, managing the procurement, delivery, and installation of test support equipment, and ensuring a successful task closeout.
- Lead the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to a successful design solution, including approval during formal gated design reviews.
- Create a baseline, and input status to the Earned Value Management System and Integrated Master Schedule for customers/programs where these techniques are used.
- Assume role as practitioner of the assigned TSE Engineering Standard Work (ESW) tasks and ensure the execution of Engineering Standard Work.
- Use ACE tools to identify opportunities to improve the tools, methods and processes.
- Communicate any technical issues and risks to TSE/DO and program management in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering and minimum 5 years of any experience in; engineering, project, or manufacturing OR an Advanced Degree in Engineering or Business Management, and minimum 3 years of any experience in; engineering, project, or manufacturing.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must be able to acquire a secret security clearance.
- Ability to travel domestically and globally (~10% of the time)
- Project Management experience and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Expertise in MS Office tools including MS Project
- Holding a current secret security clearance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms