Project Leader – Power Tools
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success – so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we’re pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you’ll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you’ll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We’re just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
You’ll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Provides leadership over multiple low to moderately complex design projects. Gives direction, guidance and engineering expertise to local and global team members. Reviews work of designers, engineers and other project team members. Set goals for the team.
- Develops Schedules, agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings. Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines. Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Able to coordinate project planning efforts for low to moderate complexity projects. Identify critical path tasks and project risks with moderate supervision.
- Applies a good understanding of the NPD process from conception through product launch. Anticipates engineering deliverables in all phases. Clearly understands the philosophies behind the various NPD phases and is able to objectively determine the maturity level of a design, development process, and use of the CTQ matrix.
- Frame up technical tradeoff discussions with Marketing and other cross function team members. Exercise effective scheduling of development work to meet overall project milestones.
- Ensure effective communication with cross functional international team as well as management team. This includes daily team communications as well as high level project summaries.
- Timely and appropriate escalation of project or team developments or issues
- Identify possible design/manufacturing hurdles that must be overcome to manufacture product. Effectively scrutinize designs for potential weaknesses and suggest improvements.
- Work with Operations, Quality and Suppliers to confirm delivery of conforming products.
- Motivate cross functional team to work toward, and accomplish, project objectives. Maintain focus of project team on cost, performance and schedule.
- Does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, although will provide input for performance appraisals for Engineering and cross functional project team members.
What TOOLS you’ll bring with you:
- Minimum 7 years engineering experience in related field.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Proven success in past work experience in designing a product that was mass produced.
- Experience in managing low to moderately complex new product development projects.
- Must possess a high level of engineering aptitude including a broad knowledge of materials and manufacturing process associated Milwaukee Tool products. Solid understanding of part costing methodology.
- Good understanding of engineering specifications and the roles of Suppliers, Quality, and Purchasing in delivering conforming parts and assemblies.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
- Results driven and deadline orientated. Ability to manage projects to aggressive schedules and results. Ability to handle fast paced, and agile culture. Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities.
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment. Ability to develop and nurture productive business relationships, and influence and educate internal team members and external suppliers.
- Ability to draft comprehensive test plans and specifications.
- Basic understanding of 3D CAD, and familiarity with tolerance analysis.
- 10-15% travel required.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service. · And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.