Project Manager, AM Projects Group Americas
National Oilwell Varco
NOV is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations. We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. To learn more about Rig Technologies products and services, please visit us at https://www.nov.com/about/our-company-structure/rig
Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
[3:21 PM] Krecmer, Mark S
- Provide customers/subcontractors and customer suppliers with single point-of-contact and assume the role of communications coordinator for assigned major projects, which includes coordinating within the various departments.
- Assure preparation of customer documents and project drawings are completed as required by the contract.
- Represent Company at customer/subcontractor coordination status meetings.
- Monitor all activities to assure costs and gross margins are met.
- Take responsibility for the overall project schedules.
- Monitor all project activities, report progress against plans and take corrective action as required to meet plans.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management and customer focal point for all NOV associated project work scopes: Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) programs, Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) programs, recertifications, upgrades, reactivations, capital equipment exchanges, OEM repairs, rig/shipyard based inspections and other internal projects.
- Follow standardized processes, policies and operational procedures from a global operations perspective.
- Responsible for all project planning activities including scope identification, creation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and documentation gathering.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling projects which includes risk management, change management and progress management, reporting and project close out.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Management is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and project management experience.
- 3+ years within a project management role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience handling customers and internal stakeholders professionally throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for all operational activities of assigned projects.
- Travel to on-site locations to meet with internal and external customers.
- Ability to stay on site (offshore/land based drilling rigs) for extendend time.
- Have or the ability to obtain offshore credentials to trvel to offshore site locations.
- Maintain a high degree of situation awareness to track and manage issues.
- Strive to achieve on time delivery.
- Follow NOV PM procedures and processes.
- Create customize reports when required.
- Create, store and find documents in RigOffice.
- Communicates effectively.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning / Organization.
- Team oriented.
- Self motivated.
- Adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry drilling, pressure control and/or lifting and handling equipment.
- Strong understanding of PMI principals and methodology.
- Understanding of technical documentation packages/drawings.
- Fluent in Aftermarket systems, such as, RigOffice, Compass, Tracker, PIMS, and other system
- Fluent in MS Office products, specifically Project, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.