Project Manager – Controls System Integration
Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Who You’ll Work With
You will join one of our 45 offices in the US, be part of a committed team of over 1500 professionals, and work in teams and directly with our clients doing work that is shaping the world around us. You will be welcomed into a rapidly growing business and team and empowered to make an impact. You will be valued, cared for, and challenged on your path to becoming a world-class professional consultant and surrounded by leaders who are committed to creating an environment that enables you to realize your own success and fulfillment.
When you join Design Group as a Project Manager, you are joining a team that will challenge you and position you for growth. In this role, you will work with a team of industry experts to help the world’s leading companies solve their most difficult problems. You will join our Control System Integration Practice and partner with seasoned leaders, technical specialists, and subject matter experts to deliver the highest quality solutions to our clients with consistency and accuracy.
What You’ll Do
You'll work individually and in teams to support capital projects and implement solutions for our clients. Together, you will help our clients make critical changes to improve their performance and realize their most important goals.
- Manage project tasks including hardware and panel design, PLC and HMI programming, SCADA design, power distribution design, and all associated project documentation
- Manage project execution including proposal preparation, estimating, scheduling, resources, staffing, contract negotiation, order processing, quality control, customer satisfaction, and project set-up
- Ensure the proper use of company facilities (plant and equipment)
- Lead, develop and grow the controls & automation business in the local office and region; cultivate and
- maintain relationships with key client contacts
- Mentor and guide professionals; provide feedback, evaluation, training, and career development guidance
- Participate on councils responsible for overseeing and adopting firm-wide standards
- Handle strategic business planning and development of annual vision plans for the controls & automation group
- Work with the recruiting team to identify and hire professionals into the controls & automation group
- Provide quarterly reporting to the office partners and regional partners
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure proper reporting of the controls & automation group activities
- Convey a positive image of Barry-Wehmiller Design Group and support the development of a strong culture consistent with our Guiding Principles of Leadership
- Make an impact day-to-day with your skills and expertise, strengthening that relationship with our clients and team
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of ten years of experience in developing and providing automation solutions for the consumer products or industrial design industries
- Experience designing electrical control systems and programming automation systems for process applications
- Proficiency in Rockwell hardware and software solutions
- Experience with Siemens, Wonderware, and GE software/hardware (preferred)
- Experience in food & beverage, pulp & paper, or other industrial industries (preferred)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors
- A willingness to travel for project requirements including installation and start-up activities, client and company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, and conventions
- A bachelor of science in electrical engineering is preferred, but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on relevant experience
Our culture and commitment to our people is what sets us apart. We foster an environment of mutual respect, integrity, and unconditional interest in the individual and collective success of our professionals. Our model and entrepreneurial mindset offer a rewarding, challenging, and highly flexible path. As a Project Manager, you will build a meaningful and fulfilling career with the support of professional development resources and mentorships including our First Year Experience program, Individual Development Plans, and Career Path resources and tools. You will be surrounded by exceptional talent who will support your development as both a world-class engineer and a highly effective leader.
Feel like you're on the path to becoming a Project Manager but you're not quite there yet? We'd love to connect with you to see if we can take you from where you are today and grow you into a Design Group Engineering Consultant.
- The approximate pay range for this position is $100K - $140K. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to background, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as geographic location of the position
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group ID:uDnQdo