Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are actively seeking a Project Manager who is a highly motivated leader to join our team. The successful candidate must have strong experience in oversight or execution of engineering and/or engineering consulting projects with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety.
- Identify and secure clients and business/project opportunities both independently and in support of other local, regional and corporate business development activities.
- Client relationship development and project execution including proposal development and presentation, management of project resources, project budgets and forecasting, and schedule management throughout to project closure.
- Identify and participate in professional and business organizations and other networking activities that will foster relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Maintain and grow solid client relationships is a key responsibility. Successful Design Group Project Managers have leadership skills and experience with a drive to grow and expand local and regional clients.
- Prepare successful proposals, negotiating professional service fees and contracts.
- Conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, or construction support for projects ranging from small capital or maintenance projects.
- Work and communicate across a multi-office, multi-disciplinary team and will have ultimate responsibility for successful execution of the project to meet the technical and commercial goals.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of management or executing capital projects.
- Experience in Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Life Science, or Consumer Products or related industry is a plus
- Highly motivated leader with varied experience managing projects of different sizes and types.
- Requires a strong engineering background and demonstrated success with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and focus on safety.
- Awareness of engineering best practices and standards.
- Technical background in facility / unit operations and design is essential to be able to recognize and address technical deficiencies before they result in risk to the project, client, or company.
- Strong analytical skills, and a sound understanding of project management fundamentals – scheduling resources, managing and forecasting costs.
- Client development, consulting and experience in the preparation of proposals for engineering services are highly desirable.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills as well as a professional demeanor are essential. This position must communicate effectively with Clients, Vendors, Contractors and other Design Group employees at all levels of responsibility. Significant experience in successfully facilitating cross-functional teams is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Project is highly desirable.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- B.S. in Engineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other degrees based on actual project experience.
*This role can be based out of our offices in Greenville, SC, Atlanta, GA or Raleigh, NC.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Design Group ID:uDnQdo