Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s PossibleRotoflow, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons. Worldwide aftermarket services are provided from regional service centers for OEM and non-OEM equipment. Visit www.rotoflow.com for more information.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead cross-functional teams focused on satisfying customer needs and manage orders for spare parts, repairs, field services, upgrades and rerates of centrifugal turbomachinery. Work will be performed in our service center in Houston, Texas and at other service centers throughout the world.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Helping to grow a service and machinery business from its initiation
- Seeing the results of candidate’s direct efforts through successful management of customer orders
- Being empowered to satisfy customers and have influence on changes to work processes to meet customer expectations on speed and customer service
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team across sales, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing on a wide variety of projects with varying technical complexity and scope
- Significant direct interaction with customers, in coordination with account managers, to ensure Rotoflow is exceeding customer expectations with solutions
- Ability to grow and develop one’s career and take on increasing responsibility.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with Proposal Managers to receive assigned orders; develop and implement appropriate execution plans that address execution, budget, and schedule; and put in place a successful team
- Lead and implement 50-100 orders of varying complexity concurrently in different phases, from order intake, execution, shipment, invoicing, and accounts receivable
- Handle successful resolution of warranty claims, including developing team from warranty claim inception, evidence gathering, root cause analysis, and option sorting to ensure customers are fully satisfied and business aims are achieved
- Ensure regular communication is provided to internal and external partners and customers on status of orders, and develop relationships that will indirectly drive sales
- Lead the team supporting orders to ensure tasks and results are completed as planned
- Lead changes on orders to keep orders on track and meeting financial and customer targets
- Provide feedback on lessons learned during execution to other functions to drive continuous improvement
Qualifications and requirements:
- Technical Degree (BA/BS/BEng); mechanical engineering background a plus
- 3+ years of customer service experience, handling orders and customer claims, for a technical product or service requiring cross-functional teams for execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and shown ability to effectively lead and organize engineering teams and balance multiple orders and priorities simultaneously
- Bias toward SPEED, action and doing whatever is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
- Detailed, organized, work-process oriented, with an improvement and collaborative approach
- Knowledge of MRP systems such as SAP is helpful
- Detailed knowledge of turbomachinery, accessory systems, and related technologies and services a plus
- Results oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, with ability to drive success, with strong winning spirit and ability to empower teams
- Excellent creativity, problem solving, and decision-making skills - including an understanding of when to escalate both technical and administrative decisions
- Ability and desire to quickly learn, continuously improve, and eliminate unnecessary barriers or complexity to meeting customer needs
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to build an environment of trust across teams, and consistently exhibit a positive demeanor
We are the world’s largest hydrogen producer with over 80 years of industrial gas experience. We are hydrogen experts delivering safe, end-to-end solutions, investing in real, clean energy projects at scale, and driving the industry forward to generate a cleaner future.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disabilit and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected] General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.