Project Manager II
Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Fort Collins, CO
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The primary responsibility is to lead new product development and contract manufacturer teams in the successful development of consumer durable good product or products. Successful completion is defined as satisfying the product requirement document, meeting product and project costs, and completing the project on schedule.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Leads cross-functional workstreams to develop and successfully execute new development (COH and Showers), line extension, quality, transfer projects, and other to meet quality, delivery, financial objectives. Other projects outside of consumer goods may be assigned, for example process improvement implementation, continuous improvement, etc.
- Provide tactical leadership to new product development teams in achieving project goals. Use a proactive, positive and assertive leadership style that is consistent with the Company mission and philosophy. Be a passionate advocate of the cross functional team approach to rapid product development, apply concurrent engineering principles, assess and manage project and product risks and prepare contingency plans as required.
- Coordinate selection of a multi-discipline, cross-functional project teams (Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Customer Service, Suppliers, etc.) with functional managers. Ensure that the appropriate resources are identified and committed to the project to ensure its success.
- Responsible for identifying and managing all cross-functional deliverables associated with the definition, development and introduction of successful new products. Lead, manage, and focus the activities of each core team member and also identify and manage extended resources (including identification, selection, and management of out sourced resources) required to support the project deliverables.
- Maintain effective communication with team members, team sponsors, Management Staff and functional managers. This would include, but not be limited to, monthly Go-To-Market review updates, project milestone review meetings, weekly NPD meetings, and supplier conference calls, etc.
- Forecast, plan, and control internal and external resources (financial costs, people, assets, consultants, etc.) achieve required project objectives. Forecast, plan, and control the baseline project metrics of: Project Schedule, Project Budget, Product Performance, and Product Cost.
- Understand and apply appropriate new product development tools such as DFM/A, FMEA, scheduling, brainstorming, design of experiments and other statistical evaluation methods, etc. Stay current on new trends in new product development and apply as appropriate. Document project methods and suggest improvements in the product development process.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Assists in procedure development when required. Ensures product quality and take appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Keeps accurate records as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Project and team management skills. Ability to direct cross functional teams.
- New product development process and milestones.
- New product development tools (e.g., DFM/A, FMEA, scheduling software, brainstorming, experiment design, statistical evaluation methods).
Education and Experience
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or approved equivalent
- 4-5 years’ experience in product development and project leadership is required.
- Have an understanding of/familiarity with most aspects of new product development including engineering, marketing, finance, manufacturing, quality function deployment, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in project management and project management software.
- Experience in Consumer Durable Goods product development. Specifically with Plastic Injection Molded parts and Electronic Control Systems - Preferred
- Experience working with Asian manufacturing companies in New Product Development and Manufacturing - Preferred
- No specific training is required. PMP Certification is desirable.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Some international travel is expected. (10%-25% travel)
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Project Management.
Supervisory Duties: No direct reports, however, will need to lead team members toward the successful execution of project tasks and ultimately to production and commercialization of new products.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $79,200 - $99,100 Annual Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/