Project Manager II
Job DescriptionProject Manager II is to support the Department of State GLOBALCAP program. The PM is responsible for the overall management and performance of the contract and will be the primary point of contact with the Government. The PM shall ensure that all project budgets, personnel, and activities meet Department of State standards and are in accordance with the GLOBALCAP IDIQ and task order performance work statements requirements. This individual manages project operations and personnel within assigned area of responsibility. Manages, plans and coordinates project operations to deliver effective execution and ensure that project objectives are achieved in accordance with all project parameters including schedule, quality, technical requirements and financial performance. Ensures project compliance with contractual requirements. Evaluates project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects. Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing and resource plan for each phase of the project. Provides direction, manages project activities and resolves problems to ensure project execution. Establishes project practices and procedures as appropriate. Coordinates project status and operational activities with other sites, military contacts and senior management. Provides technical guidance and operational support to project personnel. Ensures proper documentation of project data and provides timely, accurate management reports as required.
• Provide the Department of State with any requested program or contract information and communicate regularly with the Department of State Program Office to discuss any anticipated challenges or concerns.
• Conducting assessments and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, including U.S. government agencies and offices, regional and multilateral officials, other international donors, local leaders, academics, and non-governmental organizations to identify critical needs of the program.
• Collecting, tracking, and maintaining all information for programs awarded.
• Develop frameworks and assessment tools to enhance the overall monitoring and evaluation of projects, travel periodically to international locations to conduct assessments, monitoring and reviewing programs, and meet with U.S. Embassy representatives and other international partners to ensure that projects are meeting their objectives and that project personnel are performing to Department of State standards.
• Research and provide updates leveraging best practices and initiatives related to strengthening security sector assistance.
• Position may be in a wide variety of environments, from conventional indoor office workspace to project worksites with harsh, working and living conditions.
• To ensure compliance with safety, health and security requirements in the contract, employee will possess the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at the intermediate level as necessary to perform assigned job functions.
• Position requires the basic skills and physical ability necessary to perform assigned job functions.
• Fluor values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
• Directs and coordinates with functional areas including but not limited to Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Logistics, and Subcontracts to ensure the successful execution of the contract.
• Plans and directs the overall management and operational functions related to all aspects of the contract, including but not limited to, strategic planning, budgeting, personnel, deployment, procurement, travel, logistics, and interaction with the customer.
• Serves as primary POC for the GLOBALCAP management team to respond to short turn-around task order responses.
• Oversees development of cost models and in-country logistics requirements.
• Ensures day-to-day performance of subcontractors is managed to ensure quality performance and compliance with contract and company requirements.
• Ensures accurate vendor invoices, backup documentation, and expense reporting are completed in support of invoice accuracy and timely invoice submittals to the customer.
• Participates in program reviews to identify and implement continuous process improvements to gain efficiencies and improve overall service delivery.
• Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards; reviewing work discrepancies; preparing, reviewing, and submitting required reports for company leadership and the customer.
• Establishes and monitors performance metrics that aid in monitoring performance and provide meaningful, high-level program data to executives and the customer.
• Ensures compliance with prime contract and task order requirements by identifying gaps and implementing processes to close gaps and ensure all requirements are being met.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures related to program activities, duties, and responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Basic Job RequirementsBachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and ten
(10) years to thirteen (13) years related experience. Requires computer skills and proficiency using email, Microsoft Office or specialized applications as necessary to perform assigned job functions.
Preferred Qualifications• Master’s degree and 15+ years of experience
• Demonstrated experience managing a large program with extensive geographic reach and international aspects of a nature and magnitude.
• Experience living and working overseas and willingness to travel to austere/hazardous locations as necessary.
• Fluent English language speaking and writing ability. Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Office and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of the practices, procedures, and principles of business accounting and budgeting.
• Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, and sensitivity to other cultures.
• Exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and administrative details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to obtain required security clearance
• Military experience
• Experience working with the Department of State Bureau of African Affairs, Office of Regional Peace and Security (AF/RPS), and/or Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Global Programs and Initiatives (PM/GPI).
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.