Project Manufacturing Engineer
Project Manufacturing Engineer
Be part of something altogether life-changing!
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term. Your health and wellbeing are important to us and together we will not compromise on safety in the workplace or the environment.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Project Engineer is a key contributor towards Cytiva’s current facility expansion and process equipment qualification efforts here in Logan, Utah. You will partner with world class engineering leaders to develop program schedules, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity. Your work will partner with various engineering departments specializing in machine design, automation controls, facilities, quality, validation, and manufacturing value streams. Your work will contribute to the facility following ISO 13485 quality management and regulatory standards designed to provide safe, quality products that help save lives.
What you’ll do
· Ensure engineering project performance and execution.
· Own project schedule, budget, forecast, and milestone development.
· Understand technology employed in manufacturing processes.
· Be cost sensitive and manage projects within allocated budgets.
· Oversee equipment commissioning projects related to ~$200m dollar expansion efforts
· Actively engage and support engineering priorities in response to manufacturing and plant priorities related to safety, quality, production, and cost/efficiency.
· Develop, lead, or participate in various process improvement projects. Drive continuous improvement (LEAN) initiatives through application of sound engineering/reliability program elements and a data driven approach.
· Ensure that engineering support is performed in compliance with cGMP Regulations, Company Policies/Procedures, and Quality Management System (QMS).
· Design, develop, create, install, and assist in production processes and equipment qualification.
· Create and execute process equipment qualification protocols (IQ/OQ).
· Identify, analyze, and drive technical issues to resolution (i.e., Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, Fishbone, 5-Why’s, Corrective Action).
· Actively engage with third-party engineering services, suppliers, and external partners to ensure designs meet intended use requirements.
Who you are
· Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering/technical degree
· 6 – 15 years of related work experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Thrives well working within a cross-functional team environment.
· Ability to work independently at times.
· Demonstrate Initiative and show attention to detail.
· Intellectual curiosity to understand what you don’t know.
· Proven ability to apply strong fundamental scientific and engineering skills to evaluate and develop processes and offer practical solutions to technical challenges.
· Proficient in statistical data analysis and DOE
· Mechanical proficiency and hands-on experience with machine design a plus
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.